Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 PM

Mein Auto: z4M
carmax offer...amazing!

So I went to carmax b/c they had a couple cars of interest in one location, and I happened to drive my 6 month old x5 there and get it appraised for ****s and giggles. Got back from driving an e92 m3 and a c63, and sit down to humor my salesman. He offered me 3k below MSRP! I paid 5k below MSRP, so if was to sell the SAV on the spot I would only lose a couple thousand in taxes...If were to have leased I would be up a couple thousand! I know that the x5 was ranked second in resale value to only the CRV but that was ridiculous perhaps a lot of luck and my choice in options helped. This had me shopping for an x5 replacement for the last couple days, but there is definitely nothing better for the price. I'm going to keep it

Anyways, the biggest surprise was that I walked away from carmax completely dissapointed with the M3 and pleasantly surprised with the c63 AMG. I can't believe the m3 has such rave reviews! The motor was nothing spectacular and the handling felt too much like my e90, in fact my e90 with kwv1 c/o felt more planted than the m3 in M mode! Perhaps I had too high of expectations for the m3 and too low for the c63, but if I were buying strictly for the streets I'd get the c63. And the whole reason for test driving was to find a replacement for my z4m, but I didn't realize that these new "performance" cars have grown so much and become so numb... I'm definitely going to out on a limb and now consider the e90/2 m3 a gran touring car

Last edited by krnnerdboy; 08-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
There is a video out there showing a comparo between the X3 and a Mustang Cobra. The cobra was faster 0-60 and through the quarter, but fell a little short in the cones and pad. Still and all, not bad for a car that cost half of the M3!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: AUDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
so i went to carmax b/c they had a couple cars of interest in one location, and i happened to drive my 6 month old x5 there and get it appraised for ****s and giggles. Got back from driving an e92 m3 and a c63, and sit down to humor my salesman. He offered me 3k below msrp! I paid 5k below msrp, so if was to sell the sav on the spot i would only lose a couple thousand in taxes...if were to have leased i would be up a couple thousand! I know that the x5 was ranked second in resale value to only the crv but that was ridiculous Perhaps a lot of luck and my choice in options helped. This had me shopping for an x5 replacement for the last couple days, but there is definitely nothing better for the price. I'm going to keep it

Anyways, the biggest surprise was that i walked away from carmax completely dissapointed with the m3 and pleasantly surprised with the c63 amg. I can't believe the m3 has such rave reviews! The motor was nothing spectacular and the handling felt too much like my e90, in fact my e90 with kwv1 c/o felt more planted than the m3 in m mode! Perhaps i had too high of expectations for the m3 and too low for the c63, but if i were buying strictly for the streets i'd get the c63. And the whole reason for test driving was to find a replacement for my z4m, but i didn't realize that these new "performance" cars have grown so much and become so numb... I'm definitely going to out on a limb and now consider the e90/2 m3 a gran touring car
x5d?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: e92
What model of x5 do you have and which Carmax did you go to? (I'm also in SoCal and curious)...
Old 08-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: '11 X5d
I'm quite happy with my purchase. The X5 has the highest residuals in its class, with the Q7 right behind it and the Mercedes in a distant third place