Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i (E93)
Exclamation Window Issues

I currently own a 2011 BMW 328i (Hardtop Convertible), the car has been to the dealership many times for them to scan it and they are still un able to find the issue. When I use the "retract all" button for the windows, on occasion the window will go up halfway and then go back down. I have had the motor replaced for the front passenger window and I continue to have this issue. I was also told by a neighbor who works in the automotive industry that BMW made a secret re call on the roofs of the 328i from year 09-12. If Anyone out there is having/had this same issue your help would be greatly appreciated!
Ads by Google
Old 08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerman37 View Post
I currently own a 2011 BMW 328i (Hardtop Convertible), the car has been to the dealership many times for them to scan it and they are still un able to find the issue. When I use the "retract all" button for the windows, on occasion the window will go up halfway and then go back down. I have had the motor replaced for the front passenger window and I continue to have this issue. I was also told by a neighbor who works in the automotive industry that BMW made a secret re call on the roofs of the 328i from year 09-12. If Anyone out there is having/had this same issue your help would be greatly appreciated!
Is there some reason why you feel compelled to post in all bold letters?
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i (E93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
Is there some reason why you feel compelled to post in all bold letters?
didnt mean to...musta clicked it by accident....thanks for answering the question tho..
Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Paid Up Though June

Mein Auto: E93
Quote:
When I use the "retract all" button for the windows, on occasion the window will go up halfway and then go back down.
It happens...there are two solutions, no guarantees...reset the windows or replace the window regulators. No guarantees either will resolve the issue

Quote:
I was also told by a neighbor who works in the automotive industry that BMW made a secret re call on the roofs of the 328i from year 09-12.
Untrue. You're neighbor's an idiot. Borrow his tools, drink his beer, IGNORE his automotive wisdom.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
535i M-Sport ED May 2011

Mein Auto: '11 M-Spt 535i & '04 SLK
Is "retract all" the "lower all" or "raise all" function?

Normally retract would imply to me, "retract DOWN into the door", but
I have NEVER seen windows on a BMW go "UP" when you ask them
to go down.

So, if you mean "Raise All", then I think it is friction somewhere in the
mechanism, glass to rubber seal, etc., that is tripping the "anti-pinch"
and reversing the travel for that window.

Not so long ago, the anti-pinch sensor was in the rubber trim at the top of
the window opening on sedans (don't know about coupes), but now it is
based upon the amount of power used to raise the window. Too much
implies that a "pinch" is happening.

To can trip it manually by "stopping the window" as it is trying to close.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Cobb-Powered N55

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eights-n-Aces View Post
It happens...there are two solutions
I recently read of a third solution: don't use the all-windows button. A ridiculous kludge, but supposedly it works.

Actually, I'm wondering if folks who've installed the SmartTop controller are having this issue, since it apparently assumes functionality of the all-windows button to provide the option of one-touch close. But hopefully it doesn't ignore the pinch sensor while doing so, or the result could be a bit messy.