Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest East 2011

Bimmerfest East 2011
Bimmerfest is finally coming to the east coast for the 1st time on August 6, 2011!!!

Find out more about Bimmerfest East 2011 at the official event site!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 AM
tckE34 tckE34 is offline
Registered User
Location: potomac,Md
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: E34 sedan and E34 touring
Bimmerfest east

Just wanted to say what an awesome time I had, the caravan up was unbelievable . Everyone that met up in rockville. ,we killed it on drive up, I haven't driven my car that hard in a very long time. Hope we do it again next year. Thanks for all the shots of my girl with the rusty hood ,she photographs well.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,212
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckE34 View Post
Just wanted to say what an awesome time I had, the caravan up was unbelievable . Everyone that met up in rockville. ,we killed it on drive up, I haven't driven my car that hard in a very long time. Hope we do it again next year. Thanks for all the shots of my girl with the rusty hood ,she photographs well.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer

What a way to begin a day (reading your post).

THANKS!!
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
KBH22102 KBH22102 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mclean, VA
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 456
Mein Auto: 1997 Z3 2.8, 2002 M Coupe
Jon,

It was good to meet you. For a first year event, you put on quite a show. I have not attended the original Bimmerfest in California but I daresay you have an even bigger hit on your hands with this meet. While I concede that SoCal is probably as car-crazy culture to be found anywhere, East coast BMW lovers have been hungering for this event and will continue to support it for years to come. Many congratulations to you and your staff and now that I have sifted through some of the photo galleries, I am certainly flattered that you selected my car (LSB M Coupe) as one of your top three in the modified class. I certainly hope to be back in 2012

Regards

Kelvin
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Elias's Avatar
Elias Elias is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern Va
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,517
Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
I left my house around 10:00 am and hit traffic on 95, I hit the gas and got the engine warning light associated with the HPFP issue. I got off the Interstate and turned the car off and waited for things to cool off. I decided to go back home as I didn't want to be left stranded. Needless to say I was very disappointed I missed out.
__________________

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,212
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
I left my house around 10:00 am and hit traffic on 95, I hit the gas and got the engine warning light associated with the HPFP issue. I got off the Interstate and turned the car off and waited for things to cool off. I decided to go back home as I didn't want to be left stranded. Needless to say I was very disappointed I missed out.
So sorry to hear this...
__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 AM
sweetbmwis sweetbmwis is offline
Registered User
Location: Denver, PA
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: s50 powered 92 e36 318is
yea, Elias...i had some trouble too. overflow tank for my rad had a crack in it and was spitting everywhere noticed it a few miles from home while picking up the rest of our crew. luckily i had one laying around to switch out quick or else idk if i would have made it. glad i did
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 AM
PiZauL PiZauL is offline
Registered User
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: E90 335i
Just signed up on this forum. Been lurkin, gotta say I had a blast at the show! Seeing this many BMW's together makes my nips solid.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
celsdogg celsdogg is online now
E30 Pilot
Location: Baltimore
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: E30 & E46 325i 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZauL View Post
Just signed up on this forum. Been lurkin, gotta say I had a blast at the show! Seeing this many BMW's together makes my nips solid.
rofl.

it was awesome to get together with so many other bimmerheads. cant wait til next time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Fazda Fazda is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver, Pa
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 273
Mein Auto: V8 e36, 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmwis View Post
yea, Elias...i had some trouble too. overflow tank for my rad had a crack in it and was spitting everywhere noticed it a few miles from home while picking up the rest of our crew. luckily i had one laying around to switch out quick or else idk if i would have made it. glad i did
You mean luckily your awesome friend had one lying around right?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
sweetbmwis sweetbmwis is offline
Registered User
Location: Denver, PA
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: s50 powered 92 e36 318is
well, i think it was mine. my awesome friend gave me one that decided to leak in the 1st place, and then my awesome friend went and got it for me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest East 2011
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms