Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: 325es
E30 leather seat upholstery kit

Been thinking about making an E30 Seat Upholstery kit for sale to anyone who wants to order it. I just bought a set of e30 m3 seats, so I will have the patterns for the seats soon. I have been researching for over a year now, looking for the absolute best materials possible, using OEM when possible. The seat upholstery kits would be made out of texture, color and thickness matched Leather of a very high quility from germany. I can order this leather in any original BMW E30 color including cardinal red, black (anthrazite), pearl beige, natural, grey, and pacific blue to match your original interior as close as humanly possible (these materials have been out of production for years). I have ordered some of these leather and can send samples if requested to show how perfect the leather is matched to what was originaly used in your car. I am all about details, so everything will be like OEM. I'm very picky about every aspect of making an interior (I even measure the distance between each stitch so I use the correct setting on sewing machine when doing double top stich along seams, now thats perfection!) This kit will be far more "OEM" like than what you would get off ebay from leatherseats.com, and much cheaper. From leatherseats.com, an all leather kit like this is $1899.00, and from Worldupholstery.com it is $2100.00 for the front seats and back seats. My kit will include everything down to GENUINE OEM BMW hog rings ordered from germany for only $999.99, ALL LEATHER (NO VINYL used). I have never seen a something of this extream quility for this cheap of price. I have got so I love doing upholstery, and am obsessive about everything being perfect down to the last detail. If I goof something up...it goes in the garbage, I eat the cost of my mistake and I do it again (NO COVER UP'S). This kit will NOT include tools needed to install the kit. Simple tools such as wire cutters, hog ring pliers and an outward clinch staple gun are needed...which are all available online or at Home depot. If anyone is interested in something like this, let me know. So far I have seat patterns for E30 m3 recaro seats, E30 m3 rear seat (88-01 M3 specific). If this goes over well, I will be adding to the list of different years and models of seat patterns I have. Message me if interested, and Keep the E30 BMW alive
Ads by Google
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 325E & 2004 325XI
BMW e30 325E four door with sport seats

Interested in getting a quote for leather seats in pearl beige -- sport seats in the front and base rear seat in a 1987 bmw e30 4 door sedan. You can contact me at dnornhold@clear.net. Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by beem325es View Post
Been thinking about making an E30 Seat Upholstery kit for sale to anyone who wants to order it. I just bought a set of e30 m3 seats, so I will have the patterns for the seats soon. I have been researching for over a year now, looking for the absolute best materials possible, using OEM when possible. The seat upholstery kits would be made out of texture, color and thickness matched Leather of a very high quility from germany. I can order this leather in any original BMW E30 color including cardinal red, black (anthrazite), pearl beige, natural, grey, and pacific blue to match your original interior as close as humanly possible (these materials have been out of production for years). I have ordered some of these leather and can send samples if requested to show how perfect the leather is matched to what was originaly used in your car. I am all about details, so everything will be like OEM. I'm very picky about every aspect of making an interior (I even measure the distance between each stitch so I use the correct setting on sewing machine when doing double top stich along seams, now thats perfection!) This kit will be far more "OEM" like than what you would get off ebay from leatherseats.com, and much cheaper. From leatherseats.com, an all leather kit like this is $1899.00, and from Worldupholstery.com it is $2100.00 for the front seats and back seats. My kit will include everything down to GENUINE OEM BMW hog rings ordered from germany for only $999.99, ALL LEATHER (NO VINYL used). I have never seen a something of this extream quility for this cheap of price. I have got so I love doing upholstery, and am obsessive about everything being perfect down to the last detail. If I goof something up...it goes in the garbage, I eat the cost of my mistake and I do it again (NO COVER UP'S). This kit will NOT include tools needed to install the kit. Simple tools such as wire cutters, hog ring pliers and an outward clinch staple gun are needed...which are all available online or at Home depot. If anyone is interested in something like this, let me know. So far I have seat patterns for E30 m3 recaro seats, E30 m3 rear seat (88-01 M3 specific). If this goes over well, I will be adding to the list of different years and models of seat patterns I have. Message me if interested, and Keep the E30 BMW alive
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 528iT sport
Sounds great, I am interested.
2008 535i-6 sport (sold)
1999 528iT sport (sold)
2002 525iT alpine sport
1990 325i sedan
1990 325is coupe
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: 1989/1991 E30; 2000 E38
+1.... Beige regular seats. Also, do you intend to make kits for the E38?

Big Boyz with Bad Toyz.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
there is already dozens of places to buy e30 seat upholstery kits. the link below are about as cheap as they get for a high quality upholstery kit. for $630 they will even sell already re-upholstered e30 sport seats. available in vert/m3 stitching as well as standard coupe/4 door pattern. they will even make different colors at no additional cost.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zoomzoomzoom...&_trksid=p3686

you can get a front and rear upholstery kit for around $700 shipped

leather is a bad option, high cost and low seat life when used regularly.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: 1988 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
there is already dozens of places to buy e30 seat upholstery kits. the link below are about as cheap as they get for a high quality upholstery kit. for $630 they will even sell already re-upholstered e30 sport seats. available in vert/m3 stitching as well as standard coupe/4 door pattern. they will even make different colors at no additional cost.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zoomzoomzoom...&_trksid=p3686

you can get a front and rear upholstery kit for around $700 shipped

leather is a bad option, high cost and low seat life when used regularly.
Any for a BMW 325i convertible?
Old 12-24-2012, 08:28 AM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Any for a BMW 325i convertible?
yes, he sells e30 convertible seats.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 02-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, E30M3
E30 M3 leather seat upholstery kit

Is it still possible to obtain such a kit. I need to redo my TAN front and I would like to purchase the leather kit. Please drop me a note.

I can also be reached via email:

email@louispayantcom

Thanks