Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto: MB C350 Sport
Is there a way to return my new X3??

There are rattles EVERYWHERE in the car, from the doors, windows, under the steering wheels, navigation shuts down on me, sometimes wont even turn on, engine makes weird noises after 40 MPH, steering wheel grinds at times, grease leaking underneath the hood when its too hot, Im afraid the car is gonna break up piece by piece soon, this will be the last time me purchasing a German car thats domestic made, has anyone had the experience of a vehicle return?
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Have you had the car in for service for any of the things that you mentioned? Does the dealer agree that there are issues and have they tried to fix them? Check your state's (CA?) laws for declaring a vehicle to be a Lemon. Being dissatisfied and having a Lemon aren't always the same thing. If you think that those laws apply or may apply then consider seeking out a good attorney with experience in that area of law.

Last edited by 02420X3; 08-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 AM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420x3 View Post
have you had the car in for service for any of the things that you mentioned? Does the dealer agree that there are issues and tried to fix them? Check your state's (ca?) laws for declaring a vehicle to be a lemon. Being dissatisfied and having a lemon aren't always the same thing. If you think that those laws apply or may apply then consider seeking out a good attorney with experience in that area of law.
+1!

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Comrade Vlad

Mein Auto: 99 M3 Conv MT, 06 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Have you had the car in for service for any of the things that you mentioned? Does the dealer agree that there are issues and tried to fix them? Check your state's (CA?) laws for declaring a vehicle to be a Lemon. Being dissatisfied and having a Lemon aren't always the same thing. If you think that those laws apply or may apply then consider seeking out a good attorney with experience in that area of law.
Completely agree.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Yes, must establish a repair history. don't take it out on the service department personnel, what you need to do is to have them help you identify the issues and confirm them, give them several opportunities to resolve the issues.

For safety related issues, usually three attempts on the same defect, if still not resolved, you have a good Lemon case, for non-safety related issues, four attempts.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
+2! CA has some pretty good lemon laws and a ton of LL attorneys happy to assist you (for a fee of course). Rattles are not usually a cause for LL returns unless they have some bearing on the drivability of the car (i.e. things falling off car while underway), but some of the other things you mention can help get you either a new car, or (most of) your money back -- less sales tax and license fee of course -- the state is after all virtually bankrupt! Probably the easiest thing is to ask for a replacement X3 from your dealer before you take it to the Lemon Law attorney. The General Manager may well do this because BMW does not want any Lemon Law returns. They would prefer to just have a "trade assist" or a "buy back" without the "official" LL route. Good luck and remember documention of all your problems, the dates and times, who you contacted at the dealership, what, if anything was done, copies of all service invoices, and of course a precis of any conversation is your friend when you are trying to get satisfacton.
Good luck!

Last edited by UncleJ; 08-23-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
If it is a good Lemon case and a buyback, all fees should be covered by the manufacture, including taxes, license, finance, and reasonable attorney fees.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM

All true, if it goes all the way to official lemon law resolution. If the case stops at a buyback or trade assist then it becomes a different story.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: MB C350 Sport
thanks everybody, Ive already been back to the dealer twice and have scheduled an appt for another diagnose with a BMW mechanic, its not that I wanna get another car, just the fact that I had such high expectation for it resulting in a huge letdown after all the problems with the car... sigh
Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
All true, if it goes all the way to official lemon law resolution. If the case stops at a buyback or trade assist then it becomes a different story.
Cough cough, not exactly true. I lemon'd mine and it never went through and became a buy back/trade assist. My lawyer was paid for by BMW.

Make sure you have a resolution in mind. They will say, ok what do you want? Maybe it's time to try out the 5 series instead.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 08-24-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Good to know! Did they also cover all the taxes and license you paid for with the '07 lemon too?