Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Topaz///M3 Topaz///M3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Southeast Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 03 M3 Conv SMG
HELP! Any good shops in Connecticut for SMG clutch replacement

Hi I own a 2003 m3 smg I bought it 4 months ago from the first owner. The owner said and the PPI showed that the clutch and flywheel have never been replaced and would have to be soon. The owner was a old guy so the car was really babied and granny shifted every time which explains the clutch lasting this long. I bought the car with 110,000 miles on it and the clutch didn't slip at all. Now it has 114,500 and the clutch is now starting to slip so I wanted to replace both the clutch and flywheel. I live in Connecticut and I was looking for a good indy shop that would do it for less money than Stealer and if anyone could give me a good estimate of the price I'll be looking at it would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Bumer's Avatar
Bumer Bumer is offline
Comrade Vlad
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 209
Mein Auto: 99 M3 Conv MT, 06 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz///M3 View Post
Hi I own a 2003 m3 smg I bought it 4 months ago from the first owner. The owner said and the PPI showed that the clutch and flywheel have never been replaced and would have to be soon. The owner was a old guy so the car was really babied and granny shifted every time which explains the clutch lasting this long. I bought the car with 110,000 miles on it and the clutch didn't slip at all. Now it has 114,500 and the clutch is now starting to slip so I wanted to replace both the clutch and flywheel. I live in Connecticut and I was looking for a good indy shop that would do it for less money than Stealer and if anyone could give me a good estimate of the price I'll be looking at it would be much appreciated
Topaz, where about in CT are you? I know mechanic in Middletown. Will send you his phone number if you're interested.
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i Silver / Black
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Topaz///M3 Topaz///M3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Southeast Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 03 M3 Conv SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumer View Post
Topaz, where about in CT are you? I know mechanic in Middletown. Will send you his phone number if you're interested.
I live in the Norwich area and I"m willing to travel cause the cars going on a flatbed. Yes, please send me his number and do you know if he's done work on SMG cars before?

If anyone knows any other shops I would really appreciate it because I can't drive my convertible on these great summer days
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Bumer's Avatar
Bumer Bumer is offline
Comrade Vlad
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 209
Mein Auto: 99 M3 Conv MT, 06 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz///M3 View Post
I live in the Norwich area and I"m willing to travel cause the cars going on a flatbed. Yes, please send me his number and do you know if he's done work on SMG cars before?

If anyone knows any other shops I would really appreciate it because I can't drive my convertible on these great summer days
PM sent
__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i Silver / Black
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms