Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Found a new vehicle I am interested in. I'm no enthusiast liek the rest of the self proclaimed ones here. Took the wife and spoke to the dealer at length about it. We're enamored with this thing. It's a step up from a 3er and feels much nicer than a 5er. Gadgetry bells and whistles are quite impressive. Navi is Google Earth based as well.. The headlights are so damn sexy too! Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, whenever I get my next vehicle the 3er will become the 2nd car...

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Thanks for the reminder, you sent me down to the beer fridge for a Paulaner Salvator.
Now to decide what to have with it for dinner....
It must not be that hot where you're residing! I also got a Flensburger Dunkel while I was at the store and did enjoy it, but overall am not too interested in the strong brews in this heat. A Doppelbock might make you double over quickly! Kristallweizen is what I go for me these days and I'm considering mixing a Radler every now and then if this heat keeps on much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamryn View Post

Navi is Google Earth based as well..
Gotta say, BMW Nav is stone age.

Between BMW's boring/dull daylight colors and lack of clear detail, Audi's ahead again.

If Audi'd do something about interior design, I'd be interested. Steering wheel particularly icky.

Pull back on them reins, Audi fans! Not a fan of button propagation or sensory overload - like BMW's clean interface. But don't like BMW's disinterested, bare-bones Nav. Screen should be larger w/Internet & apps via smartphone, too. Yup, I know Audi's is significantly smaller, point for BMW. How hard could it be to port the screen & control to iDrive? No worse than an aux screen w/keyboard/mouse.

Electronics are easily changed in any model....what, we have to wait another year for BMW? Where's the love?

OMG! I'm OT for the OT thread....

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 08-27-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Original *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post

Between BMW's boring/dull daylight colors and lack of clear detail, Audi's ahead again.

If Audi'd do something about interior design, I'd be interested. Steering wheel particularly icky.

Pull back on them reigns, Audi fans! Not a fan of button propagation or sensory overload - like BMW's clean interface. But don't like BMW's disinterested, bare-bones Nav. Screen should be larger w/Internet & apps via smartphone. Yup, I know Audi's is significantly smaller, point for BMW. How hard could it be to port the screen & control to iDrive? No worse than an aux screen w/keyboard/mouse.

Electronics are easily changed in any model....what, we have to wait another year for BMW?

OMG! I'm OT for the OT thread....
Interior is looking good ATM. That space in between the Speedo and Tach is a LCD screen. The MMI screen is definitely bigger than my I-drive.

LOVE imagery over cart-data

Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 08-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
...snip
All auto mfr. implementations of navigation technology are going to come up short compared to dedicated navigation technology. Now that Google is in the picture (with updates approximately 1 - 2x per year), the value proposition for the car mfrs. implementation of navigation becomes less compelling. BMW is in the business of making and selling cars that are fun-to-drive. When fun-to-drive gets defined as having a navigation system that is the best in the world, then maybe you will see more emphasis on BMW's part on their navigation offering.

Until then, BMW is going to deliver what they believe is good-enough.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Interior is looking good ATM. That space in between the Speedo and Tach is a LCD screen. The MMI screen is definitely bigger than my I-drive.
Screen larger? Read 7", but may be old news. What's your A6 screen size?

Truth is, Porsche has it all over BMW & Audi vis-a-vis suspension performance, thus planning a move to 911 vert. Looking at air cooled, 2009+, or newgen, depending on how it feels when I get there, couple o'years.

Yet, have great affection for E93 - may keep it when Porsche purchased.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 08-27-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Screen larger? Read 7", but may be old news. What's your A6 size?

Truth is, Porsche has it all over BMW & Audi vis-a-vis suspension performance, thus planning a move to 911 vert. Looking at air cooled, 2009+, or newgen, depending on how it feels when I get there, couple o'years.

Yet, have great affection for E93 - may keep it.
Definitely don't buy a P-car for their navigation system. BMW's navigation system is light-years ahead of what is available on the P-cars.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
Definitely don't buy a P-car for their navigation system. BMW's navigation system is light-years ahead of what is available on the P-cars.
Har! Truer words....

Wasn't it Ferdinand who questioned why anyone would want a radio in a Porsche?

Pretty good point considering what the car's about, but only the always-got-bugs-in-my-teeth crowd would delete common creature comforts. I like lux.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Don't Judge Me!

Send a message via Yahoo to GiaGiaJa
Mein Auto: Sedan 328i iDrive AT
Really????!!!! You guys still LOVE chatting about cars in OT area............

Ohhhhh.... The ultimate attraction
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein
Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Har! Truer words....

Wasn't it Ferdinand who questioned why anyone would want a radio in a Porsche?

Pretty good point considering what the car's about, but only the always-got-bugs-in-my-teeth crowd would delete common creature comforts. I like lux.
And that crowd is increasingly heading off to the happy hunting ground. If the P-car builders want to stay relevant, they are going to have to include creature comforts in their cars.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiaGiaJa View Post
Really????!!!! You guys still LOVE chatting about cars in OT area............
How is this for OT - Hi Gia!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
Well, isn't this an uplifting start into the weekend. Furby's suicidal, the Brits appear communal as in the days of old, and it's still hotter than Hades. I am thinking a trip to Majestic is in order for some Weihenstephaner Kristall.

Earthquake on the US east coast, followed by a hurricane. The apocalypse is here! It was all lead by my suicidal thoughts! You see how important it is to keep the Furball happy. Furballs happiness is required for all of your survival!

Quote:
Navi is Google Earth based as well.. The headlights are so damn sexy too!
I love the google earth nav. I hope BMW follows suit.

Quote:

LOVE imagery over cart-data
What about that shifter? It's painful to look at. They could have done better, they should have done better!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:58 PM
The Real Housewife

Mein Auto: 335i alpine white sedan
Quote:
Found a new vehicle I am interested in. I'm no enthusiast liek the rest of the self proclaimed ones here. Took the wife and spoke to the dealer at length about it. We're enamored with this thing. It's a step up from a 3er and feels much nicer than a 5er. Gadgetry bells and whistles are quite impressive. Navi is Google Earth based as well.. The headlights are so damn sexy too! Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, whenever I get my next vehicle the 3er will become the 2nd car...

I actually saw a huge billboard with just this light and I knew right away that it was an Audi. Personally, it is one of the reasons why I would never buy an Audi. IMO the lights are really ugly. In any given day, Xenon Angels are much much nicer and sexier than Christmas lights. It's just NOT HOT!!! (And this is from a woman's point of view.)
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
Earthquake on the US east coast, followed by a hurricane. The apocalypse is here! It was all lead by my suicidal thoughts! You see how important it is to keep the Furball happy. Furballs happiness is required for all of your survival!

I love the google earth nav. I hope BMW follows suit.

What about that shifter? It's painful to look at. They could have done better, they should have done better!
The shifter has to be big for the arthritic old farts who drive them.
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 08-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Original *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiarush View Post
I actually saw a huge billboard with just this light and I knew right away that it was an Audi. Personally, it is one of the reasons why I would never buy an Audi. IMO the lights are really ugly. In any given day, Xenon Angels are much much nicer and sexier than Christmas lights. It's just NOT HOT!!! (And this is from a woman's point of view.)
The FULL LED light treatment is the future...too bad BMW is behind Audi on this. And as far as what I think women think of it? Meh...Been married for over 15 years, it's has zero factor on what kind of car I buy.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
The quake has revealed a new fault line, discovered to run from DC through Virginia.

Dubbed Obama's Fault, he's now saying it's Bush's Fault.

Hey, I remember the eye of a hurricane passing overhead way back when I lived in Newark, Delaware. Nothin' new Furb....head up!

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 08-28-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
The FULL LED light treatment is the future...too bad BMW is behind Audi on this. And as far as what I think women think of it? Meh...Been married for over 15 years, it's has zero factor on what kind of car I buy.
Does it swivel w/turning the wheel?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Original *****

Quote:
Does it swivel w/turning the wheel?
I think so

Quote:
The new LED headlights also get special adaptive light control and high-beam assist features. The headlight control unit relies on a small video camera in the base of the rear view mirror and routes data from the optional MMI navigation plus navigation system to anticipate changes in ambient lighting. For example, the cornering lights can be triggered before the car reaches a junction or corner to aid visibility on approach.

The high-beam assistant, meanwhile, automatically varies the range and width of the headlights between dipped and full beam according to the road situation. The system also incorporates an all-weather function that uses a camera mounted on the rear view mirror to detect the lights of oncoming traffic and adjust the headlight intensity so that it doesn't distract other drivers.
The lights are really unique to me, you know when an audi is behind you in traffic. This evolution of LED DRLs is definitely for the better

Last edited by FCBayernFTW; 08-28-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
I think so

The lights are really unique to me, you know when an audi is behind you in traffic. This evolution of LED DRLs is definitely for the better
Good Lord, that's ugly.
(Well, maybe "garish" is the better word. Either way: Fail.)

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 08-28-2011, 11:40 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
The quake has revealed a new fault line, discovered to run from DC through Virginia.

Dubbed Obama's Fault, he's now saying it's Bush's Fault.

Hey, I remember the eye of a hurricane passing overhead way back when I lived in Newark, Delaware. Nothin' new Furb....head up!
That's hilarious, I am posting it to FB

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Original *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Good Lord, that's ugly.
(Well, maybe "garish" is the better word. Either way: Fail.)

You know what they sat about opinions.

I think the lights are quite sexy...No more 'garish' than the LED halos that surround the old school xenons. Those things should be standard by now for a $30K+ vehicle.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Somehow I suspect that jocamryn is going to be joining ole westy in making Audi troll posts on BF. Seller's remorse can be avoided by just not selling, you know.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Somehow, I suspect that if Asia were single, she wouldn't be dating you.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Audi huh? you'll be back..

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 PM
WTB - your E39 M5

Send a message via AIM to andyffer
Mein Auto: 02 530i, 09 335d
Drove up Mount Lemmon today - simply amazing. Just incredible.

went from 107F at the base to 74F at the end.

If you're not a ******* at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a ************ at forty you have no brain.