Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
Deals on 2011 535 xdrive

Stupid question here, but I am new to BMW's . I have been looking for a certified (535 xdrive) but really like the new 2011 body styles. I have seen a couple of low mile 2011's and one "new" one but hate to buy one so close to the 2012's coming out. What kind of deal do you think makes it worth getting a 2011? I am looking to buy not lease.

I got an offer today on a a new one for sale price of 56,014 + tax etc...

It has Cold weather package, premium package one and two and the comfort access keyless entry (not the entire convenience package), automatic with dakota leather.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Hi, I'm guessing you went to Dreyer-Reinbold. I have tried to buy 3 BMW from them and every time have ended up buying out of market. They have a monopoly on the Indianapolis market and the deals they put on the table are not great in general. The sales guys are nice as well, but the last one told me, "I can't make any money if you keep buying cars out of the market." In a polite way I replied that's not my problem and suggested he start putting competitive offers on the table.

I would say a 2011 535xi because the deal could be much better than a 2012. I know it's a tough call with model year turnover. There are few differences in 2012 and if you plan to keep it a few years the savings on the 2011 would be my choice.

I purchased my BMW from Tomkinson BMW in Ft. Wayne... excellent buying experience. Another one to try is Jake Sweeney in Cincinnati. I worked with them on the phone and they cut to the chase fast. They also sell many cars relative to Dreyer-Reinbold and that might make certain deals possible for them. But when you call, even if you know which 535 you want, don't tell them. Just say you want a 535 and ask what they have in stock. Trust me on that. Make all deals relative to invoice (eg. invoice + $X), so you are not dealing on a specific car and can choose from what is available. I read on here and approached it that way and was surprised at how simple that makes a negotiation.

Best of luck. Either way, I'm sure you will love the new 535.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
The offer i quoted was from Sweeney in Cincy. I spoke with Tomkinson and they didn't have what i was looking for and honestly didn't offer to go look. I am experiencing exactly what you posted about Dreyer-Reinbold. The salesman has been good but I don't get the feeling they are going to match the price. I haven't asked yet but will when make the decision to go with the 2011.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts0807 View Post
The offer i quoted was from Sweeney in Cincy. I spoke with Tomkinson and they didn't have what i was looking for and honestly didn't offer to go look. I am experiencing exactly what you posted about Dreyer-Reinbold. The salesman has been good but I don't get the feeling they are going to match the price. I haven't asked yet but will when make the decision to go with the 2011.

Thanks for the reply!
You might try building a car that you find on this site to get an idea of what might be offered in your area. Their is a navigation credit currently available of $1700. Your price before the credit should be below invoice at this point in the model year, but it depends on the dealer and their inventory and willingness to deal as you have found. Good Luck.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
Old 09-03-2011, 04:21 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Very close to the car I ordered minus the sport package Sounds like a good deal if it includes destination.