Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Jet Black X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
The level of self-righteousness in this thread is astounding.

They're BMW's not Bentley's....get over yourself.
Things must be going pretty well for our neighbors up north. Apparently in the frozen north, a Bimmer is on par with a Ford. The last time I was in Canada, I don't remember passing Bimmer's and Benz's at every corner. I guess things have changed in the last couple of years.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1205 View Post
I parked my brand new 1992 green 325is at walmart. Parked it way out in the lot away from everyone. Someone kicked the driver door with their foot. About a year later, same car, i came out to the parking lot at work and someone keyed the trunk lid. Reported it at work and was told about 19 others were keyed. They caught the kid who did the key job. She was 13. When asked why, she said her mom owrks at DMV and cant afford nice cars. Made her mad. Of course she got this from her mom who must have verbalized her hate for those that can afford at foreign car.

Our liberal ideology in CA is at fault. We have created a culture where it is okay to lust over anothers possessions when they should be more responsible for their own station in life. I was emancipated at 16. Worked full time while in high school. Put myself through college with 3 jobs...one at night! I have no guilt for having worked my #$%& off to get what i have. I pay way too much in taxes and i refuse to hand out more. Thx for letting me vent. Short story long, people are jealous and lash out because they have no respect for u or how u got to where u r in life which allows u the luxury to have a nice car. Dont shop where they do. If u can afford a bmw, u can afford to shop at better stores. That is what they r thinking! Minimize your exposure.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer
Roger,

Kudos for taking matters into your own hands. If you listen to our current crop of politicians, they'll say you are a fluke. People can't improve their economic standing without big brother's help. Now the politicians in CA are wanting the taxpayers to pay the college tuition for illegal aliens. Call me crazy, but I thought the Golden State had some minor budget problems.

As for the comment about shopping venues, in my town, Wal-Mart is "the" store. Unless of course we drive 30 minutes to the big city, pop 230,000.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Aargh! This is not a political forum but I have to comment. The idiots in the statehouse here cannot be serious in giving illegal aliens tuition assistance when the newly minted grads cannot legally hold a job! How do they ever expect to be paid back for this stupid largess. Never mind we have no money and have curtailed major programs in the state. Oh well, I guess pandering to the illegal lobby gets them votes. Sorry for the jack and rant but it touched a nerve.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: E46M3 & X5D
I came in US 9 years ago with $200 in my pocket (I'm originally European). Nothing was given to me and all I have now is based on hard work, my hands and my knowledge. That's why I hate when somebody abuse my hard earned property for no reason...
1996 318ti E36 Hatchback 4-cyl 5SP Manual (SOLD)
Old 09-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35d; 750Li; IS F
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubear99 View Post
Things must be going pretty well for our neighbors up north. Apparently in the frozen north, a Bimmer is on par with a Ford. The last time I was in Canada, I don't remember passing Bimmer's and Benz's at every corner. I guess things have changed in the last couple of years.
Well yes they are actually, thanks for noticing.

Things are pretty good in oil rich Alberta....and yes a Bimmer is pretty much on par with a Ford up here considering there are more Ford trucks that are worth as much or more than X5's, nevermind the 3 series/C class that make up the majority of BMW/MB sales. Full load Raptors or diesel F250/350's will run you well north of $60K up here with all the goodies.

Just because the farmers and oil guys choose to drive fully loaded Ford trucks doesn't mean they can't afford BMW's or Benz's.

Like I said before, they're just BMW's, not really much of a big deal.

'11 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
'10 X5 35d Space Grey
Old 09-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Well yes they are actually, thanks for noticing.

Things are pretty good in oil rich Alberta....and yes a Bimmer is pretty much on par with a Ford up here considering there are more Ford trucks that are worth as much or more than X5's, nevermind the 3 series/C class that make up the majority of BMW/MB sales. Full load Raptors or diesel F250/350's will run you well north of $60K up here with all the goodies.

Just because the farmers and oil guys choose to drive fully loaded Ford trucks doesn't mean they can't afford BMW's or Benz's.

Like I said before, they're just BMW's, not really much of a big deal.
I live in West Texas, so I actually know a thing or two about oil money and rich (cotton) farmers. I was just being sarcastic. Denali's/Slades and 350/3500 series trucks are the dominant vehicles out here. Irregardless of how well things are in Alberta or here, the average person wouldn't consider a Bimmer to be on the same level as a Ford. The big difference is that a $60K Ford/Chevy is top of the line. A $60K Bimmer/Benz is mid-level. The average person doesn't drive a $60K vehicle, no matter the make or model.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Cdnrockies...i dont expect you to understand how it is in America, since you dont live here. Self-righteous? Not hardly. It is not my self perception at issue. It is the perception the liberals on the left have that those of us that work owe them something. How dare i own a nice car and flaunt it in their faces when the government can only afford to send them to college, pay for their edical, buy their drugs etc.... Sorry cdnrookie. Speak aboot sumthing u know aboot. Heh!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Cdnrockies...i dont expect you to understand how it is in America, since you dont live here. Self-righteous? Not hardly. It is not my self perception at issue. It is the perception the liberals on the left have that those of us that work owe them something. How dare i own a nice car and flaunt it in their faces when the government can only afford to send them to college, pay for their edical, buy their drugs etc.... Sorry cdnrookie. Speak aboot sumthing u know aboot. Heh!
Nice assumptions rookie.

First of all, I actually own property down south and spend plenty of time down there.

I pay my taxes and spend money in your economy too, so when you really don't know what the fawk you are talking about, maybe you should think before you open your yap.

'10 X5 35d Space Grey
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
+1

Where's quack when you need a quick smackdown?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM

U still dont get it. Must be the clean canadian air....

Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: '11 X5 5.0i m-sport
The pissing match part of this thread has gone on long enough.. our Canuck buddies have just as much a sense of what lux is vs. mid-lux vs. everyday joe. The fact is though that once you get into 60k Fords, you're at the top of their range. BMW's are not high-end, but do raise the bar significantly. If you want high-end, go RR, Bentley, etc.

Sad to see our fellow X5 owner with the body damage.. hope you can get that fixed with no issue!

Cool it guys.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Thhanks wanderer. I dont take too kindly to being referred to as self righteous...i have pride of ownerhip and have worked from nothing without a single handout. Hate to hear of somone's property being mangled and then not the decency to leave their name. Shameful.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Thx for letting me vent. Short story long, people are jealous and lash out because they have no respect for u or how u got to where u r in life which allows u the luxury to have a nice car. Dont shop where they do. If u can afford a bmw, u can afford to shop at better stores. That is what they r thinking! Minimize your exposure.

Quote:
Thhanks wanderer. I dont take too kindly to being referred to as self righteous...i have pride of ownerhip and have worked from nothing without a single handout. Hate to hear of somone's property being mangled and then not the decency to leave their name. Shameful.
Then don't post crap like you did in your initial post.

Who is "they"? Those with less money than you because they don't drive a BMW? Those with plenty of money that choose not to spend their money on a depreciating asset that is a poor investment? Those that shop at Wal-mart?

That idiot Buffet drives just a Caddy. Shame on him...guess he can shop at Wal-mart though.

'10 X5 35d Space Grey
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 PM

THEY would be, as i said, the jealous people...go slap yourself...if anyone is self righteous, it is you.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
+1

Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: E46M3 & X5D
Man this topic went too wild
The point is that "they" are the people that would never afford to buy not just a BMW but any brand new car, they hate people that have better position in the society and have more than them, they are jealous to the rest of the normal society and always blame others for their situation. "They" think that somebody owes them something!!!
My understanding is that "they" are people who are too lazy to work, saying that there is no job for them, wait for the government paycheck every month to buy some weed, get some junk food and get "home" at their government supported section 8 homes, where their countless kids are grown with the same way of thinking.
This is my understanding about "them" and it's your right to criticize me if I am not right
Being a immigrant that came here with nothing, from my experience I can say that anyone who is smart, hard working and patient can succeed in America.
This country appreciates people like this and rewards them soon or later
1996 318ti E36 Hatchback 4-cyl 5SP Manual (SOLD)
Old 09-05-2011, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
+1

I believe he's in a pair of speedos trying to help dig out that stuck X5 on the beach.

Retired

1999 Prelude SH / Pearl White /
2007 X3 Sport / Jet Black /
2010 X5 Sport / Sapphire Black /

Current
2013 X5 M-Sport / M-Power / Alpine White /
Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 2011 35D
WEll said tol4o
Old 09-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
To someone who has a riced out beater a bimmer is "high end". It is all a matter of perception. Purposely Keying a strangers car is the act of a coward. And I do most certainly agree.. class envy is not only taught but encouraged by our "educational" system.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, WRX, 325is, Eurovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about this either. I didn't call in the claim yet, just lowered the deductible. I don't have time off anytime soon, so it would just be a pain to get it fixed now. Maybe late September or so.
You realize the deductible will be based on your coverage in effect at the time of the accident, right?

2012 328xiT
M-Sport/Manual/iDrive-free
Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
A/U, let us know what the final cost was please.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Another reason I don't go to Wal Mart. Cheap place, people drive cheap cars and are envious of BMW owners

Current Ride: 2014 X3 35 M Sport/AW/Chestnut/Fine Line Wave/Cold Weather/Driver Assistance with Top View/M Sport/Premium/Technology/Concierge/Rear Manual Shades/Premium Sound/Auto High Beam
Retired: 2011 X5 Sport
Retired: 2008 X5 3.0si
Retired: 2006 330 Xi
Retired: 2003 325 'Vert
Retired: 2000 323 Ci
Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
^^^ Haven't you heard from Cdnrockies? You O N L Y drive an X5, get over yourself...... I am still in the process of getting over myself, will keep you guys updated on my progress!

Retired

1999 Prelude SH / Pearl White /
2007 X3 Sport / Jet Black /
2010 X5 Sport / Sapphire Black /

Current
2013 X5 M-Sport / M-Power / Alpine White /
Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 50i
AutoUnion,
Sorry you have to deal with this. I bet that most of that would come out with some combination of rubbing compound, polishing compound and or a paint cleaner. From the picture, it looks like mostly paint transfer. You could try it youself or try a good detailer. Find a Porsche or classic car guy, they usually know the best deatilers.

As far as the haves and have nots, this looks more like a rude, careless driver issue. They hit your car and kept going. They just did not care about you. I know people who have plenty of money and would drive away if they thought they could get away with it. Some people just suck, it is not always about status and income.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Looking at the damage in the photo I would agree in this case... just a thoughtless sc*mbag.