BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Can you please enlighten me on 2 different oil services ?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  laser 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I spoke to one of the independent BMW shop in Houston for (7500 miles) oil + filter change and he asked me which one am I looking for. I have no idea there are various types of oil services. He explained that there are essentially 2 types presumably recommended by BMW (really ???).

Intermediate Oil Service (O/F) - every 5000miles

Oil and Safety Service (O/S) - every 20000miles

Now, I am guessing BMW will do Oil and Safety Service for free every year or whenever car tells and I am,also, assuming they will do oil + filter change as well. Am I right?

I have yet to see these recommendation from BMW - Are these intervals applicable for newer 2011 535i as well ?

Please help me --I am little bit confused.

Btw, he said he will charge me $108 for Oil+filter change. Sounds reasonable - is it not?

Thanks a LOT...you guys are awesome and very helpful :beerchug::beerchug:.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think an oil / filter change is an oil / filter change assuming using BMW recommended oil and filter.

He may be referring to some inspection of the car while on the lift that a BMW dealer would perform at an annual or mileage based service. My SA is good about always writing up wiper blades!

Kinda wonder about a shop that intimidates you with esoteric questions in response to your simple asking about an oil change :tsk:

Price is just OK, is that a Tanglewood / River Oaks dealer or a Pasedena / Clear Lake price?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.