Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto: bmw535xi
Anthracite Wood vs Dark Wood / / Anthracite Headliner

i need some quick expert opinion. if you order the black leather dakota seats and anthracite wood, what color headliner comes with the vehicle?

any prefernces for dark wood vs. anthracite option? i know everyone has personal preference but just curious
Ads by Google
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335I x-drive m-sport
The Anthracite headliner was a big thing on the want list of my current 2010 and part of my F10 consideration.
The Anthracite roof liner can be had as a $500 option on 2011 or as part of the M-Sport package.
The selection of wood trim has no bearing on the roof liner. It is determined by interior color (standard Grey or Beige) or Black Anthracite as an option.
On 2012's, the Anthracite roof liner is not available free standing; it is included in both M-Sport and Sport packages.
I personally love the look and it's a must have for me!

Gone 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Automatic with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II/ Cold Weather

Gone 2010 535I - Alpine Wht / Blck Dakota - Sprt, Premium, Cold Weather, Sport auto, Anthracite Liner, Nav, Satellite, HD & I-Pod

Gone - 2006 530XI -
Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i Sport
I have the Anthracite (black) headliner with the Anthracite wood, and prefer the overall look to the lighter off-white headliner. Also, from a maintenance standpoint, the black will show less dirt, wear/tear, etc. particularly if you have a third-party detail your car. (I looked at several pre-owned, and the lighter headliners showed more marks, etc., particularly on the roof supports on either side of the dashboard.) The Anthracite wood looks great in my car - agree it comes down to personal preference, but I wanted less brown overall, in the interior, and the Anthracite wood fit the bill. One other thing - I've had my 550 for 12 months, and just posted looking for input on replacement tires for Goodyear run flats - I am going through them very quickly, and you may want to consider getting the tire/wheel warranty. Replacement tires are about $600 each, so if you go through 2 replacement tires, you've paid for the warranty. I live in Plano, north of Dallas, and the roads are in pretty good condition, and I simply think these tires have issues that Goodyear hasn't owned up to yet - but they're the only option of the 550i Sport - just an FYI. MJB
Old 09-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto: bmw535xi
so . . . if you don't order the black anthracite then the standard color for the roof is gray? i've never noticed that because i've always had the venetian beige dakota leather on my previous 2 535's . . . hmmm - i guess i never noticed the headliner color.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryx View Post
so . . . if you don't order the black anthracite then the standard color for the roof is gray? i've never noticed that because i've always had the venetian beige dakota leather on my previous 2 535's . . . hmmm - i guess i never noticed the headliner color.
If you only order the Anthracite wood your ceiling is still gray. I have black Dakota and Anthracite and that's how mine is. The Anthracite headliner is a separate option altogether. I like a black ceiling, but didn't particularly care for the "glittery" appearance of Anthracite headliner. Ask to take a look at a car with the M Sport package and give it a look-see.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
The Anthracite headliner is included in the Sport package in Canada so that's how I got it. I think it looks very good although I had no issue with the grey headliner in my E39.
As for the trim, I think the Anthracite wood looks pretty flat with a black interior. There's no contrast at all; you can hardly see it. I went with the Ash wood and I'm very happy with it. Dark wood looks very good as well. I prefer either of these to the Anthracite but, in the end, this is all just personal preference. No right answer. Clearly, the anthracite wood is the most popular if only because it's standard.
Ash wood trim
Sport Package
Premium Package
Nav
Premium Sound/Sirius
Comfort Seats

Prior BMWs
2001 530i Sport (deceased)
Cosmos Black

Other
2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
1977 Corvette 383 Stroker