Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: LR Discovery
UK 2012 pricing/spec

Just wondering if anyone has any news of UK 2012 pricing for the X3. I ordered my car in April, and am told to expect delivery in January 2012 - I have to say that I find this a ridiculous state of affairs, whilst the majority of american posters on this site only have to wait a few weeks between ordering their cars and delivery, I have to wait the best part of a year, a european customer for a european car. If I am now going to be told that I have to pay more for the car, I really will be tempted to tell them to shove it - at the end of the day it is only a car. No, I'm not happy!
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Sadly that's just the way it is. America gets more production slots and allocations, and we pay much less for our cars.

Generally at this point US dealers are looking at a 6-8 week gap between order and delivery. You hear of shorter times because the dealer may have an existing slot that can still be altered to customer specs, cutting down on the wait time.

Hey, at least you get more option choices and a diesel.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
I was in a similar position when I ordered in late October for January delivery before the VAT rate went up. Stratstone undertook not to charge the additional VAT despite delivery being delayed until April!! Check with your dealer, my view is that you should pay the price that was agreed at the time you placed your order.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 AM

That would be my view too Zak, but it would be good to know for sure. Well done with the VAT - who knows, it may have come down again by January!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 AM

Cool

That would be my sort of luck! I do agree that the European market gets a raw deal with delivery times but I guess that BMW reckon that if we want the product badly enough we will wait. I was tempted to cancel my order but when I considered some alternatives (Audi Q5, Freelander, Tiguan. Kuga, Yeti arrrghh, Maxda CX7, Honda CRV etc) I decided to wait. I have heard of instances where dealers have been shamed into providing loan cars due to the extended delivery times. Fancy building it in South Carolina!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 AM

I trust that you are happy with the car, and that it was worth the wait? Any negative points?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 AM

Very pleased with the car, here is the review I wrote for 'What Car' reader review which is still on the website.

My X3 was finally delivered on April 15th - 3 months later than anticipated when ordered in November. Main options were the auto transmission, dynamic package, heated front seats and a few other bits and bobs. Build quality and finish seem much better than on the previous model there's plenty of standard kit. I traded in a 120D and found it remarkably easy to move to this much larger beast, such is the ease of driving this car and the excellent all round visibility helped by the large door mirrors.The engine is as quiet and BMW's other diesel offerings and performance is strong and lively. The car handles remarkably nimbly for such a large tall vehicle and the grip on winding roads is reassuring. It drives much more like a car than the Freelander I drove recently. The steering feels almost too light at times though I suspect this is something I will get used to. There is plenty of storage space in the cabin with large door bins though the centre console storage is rendered almost unusable to due the location of one of the two 12v power sockets. The boot space with rear seats in place is adequate rather than generous though there is plenty of concealed under-floor storage for more valuable items. Fuel economy following around 500 miles of mixed driving conditions is currently around 36mpg which is far short of the claimed figures and I hope this improves as the car is 'run in'. (I am now getting around 40mpg) All in all I am very pleased with the car and would recommend the X3 to anyone considering a 4x4.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusW View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any news of UK 2012 pricing for the X3. I ordered my car in April, and am told to expect delivery in January 2012 - I have to say that I find this a ridiculous state of affairs, whilst the majority of american posters on this site only have to wait a few weeks between ordering their cars and delivery, I have to wait the best part of a year, a european customer for a european car. If I am now going to be told that I have to pay more for the car, I really will be tempted to tell them to shove it - at the end of the day it is only a car. No, I'm not happy!
The car is built in the US.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Yes, that is a fairly widely known fact.

BMW is a still a European company, and my point was that they aren't serving the European market well with this model. The problem may be more specifically UK models, as the right hand drive production line was obviously not set up for the demand that has been experienced. Maybe that will improve with time, but no fun for those kept waiting in the short term.

I am not aware what the delivery times are in mainland Europe - they may well be on a par with the States.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Yes, that is a fairly widely known fact.

BMW is a still a European company, and my point was that they aren't serving the European market well with this model. The problem may be more specifically UK models, as the right hand drive production line was obviously not set up for the demand that has been experienced. Maybe that will improve with time, but no fun for those kept waiting in the short term.

I am not aware what the delivery times are in mainland Europe - they may well be on a par with the States.
They won't be on par with the States partly because the Atlantic ocean is in the way and partly because BMW's main SUV market is in the US since no one here will buy a Station Wagon/Estate. They don't even sell the 5 series Wagon here.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
I have just ordered the M Sport X3 35D 313 BHP with 464 IIbs torque and they say December/Jan delivery. Production starts on a new production Line 1st October.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Well done John - you must be getting preferential treatment for the fancy model. Mine's just a little old 2.0d, so I will have to wait my turn! Unless of course the new production line is for more right hand drive vehicles of any spec........ Not holding my breath though.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
Well done John - you must be getting preferential treatment for the fancy model. Mine's just a little old 2.0d, so I will have to wait my turn! Unless of course the new production line is for more right hand drive vehicles of any spec........ Not holding my breath though.
I have been told the new "LINE" is for the 35D model "initially" go get built first then "General" X's, so improved build speeds, thats what I have been told by two dealerships.
The basic 2 ltr Diesel is a fine car, I have always had the "Big engined " stuff so 35D was my route economy not being a real concern.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 AM

That sounds encouraging - if I could get mine in December instead of January that would suit me very well. Patience is a virtue that passed me by!