Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: E84 X1
Smile BMW Station for Iphone 4

Just installed the BMW Station for the Iphone.

Really great integration for people who have the non i-drive version.

Works really well, I really enjoy listening to a whole bunch of Internet Radio stations.

I got the item shipped from Baum-BMW in Germany for Euros 300 to India. It took just under an hour to install the part.

Just make sure you also order the correct bracket for your vehicle as you need it to mount the iphone holder.

My next upgrade is to replace the halogen with the bi-xenon headlamps. I got that shipped from Leipzig, Germany. Will post it when I complete the installation.

The last picture is the X1 being blessed by a Hindu Priest before being registered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020091.JPG
Views:	846
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	288582   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020092.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	288583   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020086.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	288584   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020090.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	288585   Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020096.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	288586  

Click image for larger version

Name:	L1020032.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	288587  
Ads by Google
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X1
Man it's cool station you got there...! I am from India just bought X1 corporate but my car has interior different then yours like I don't have wooden finish trim just plain stain black trim. Do you have rain sensor? when did you get car? I got it on 18/7/2011.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d (e90)
Setting up a group buy on e90 post...need to get to 10

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577465
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 AM

Mein Auto: X1 20d
Amazing

got an x1 myself. did you do the install your self, where you located in India?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek22 View Post
got an x1 myself. did you do the install your self, where you located in India?
Chennai
Old 09-01-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
Chennai
Sent you a PM
Got my car from Kun too
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 AM

ecoveon

Can you PLEASE post a response to my questions in THIS thread

I would be greatly indebted to you!

Thank you.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:58 AM

ok
How exactly did you get the station ordered via the site?
was it directly shipped to you.
did ms sridevi at kun help, i was told no parts would be fixed with out the original bill from bmw
Old 09-01-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek22 View Post
ok
How exactly did you get the station ordered via the site?
was it directly shipped to you.
did ms sridevi at kun help, i was told no parts would be fixed with out the original bill from bmw
PM you Tel
Old 09-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: '04 X3 3.0i
ecoveon, I have a question.

Do you have to have the phone in the cradle to use the Bluetooth calling features?

Like I'd rather have my phone in my pocket for small trips, but still be able to answer calls thought the car hands-free system.

If the phone can pair with the cradle even not being inserted in the cradle, and plug it in only when I want to use the music/nav then it's a great option. Otherwise it's kind of a bummer.

I can't find this information anywhere that I searched.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
ecoveon, I have a question.

Do you have to have the phone in the cradle to use the Bluetooth calling features?

Like I'd rather have my phone in my pocket for small trips, but still be able to answer calls thought the car hands-free system.

If the phone can pair with the cradle even not being inserted in the cradle, and plug it in only when I want to use the music/nav then it's a great option. Otherwise it's kind of a bummer.

I can't find this information anywhere that I searched.
Got this message from BMW: BMWLINK.support.bmw.com Date: Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Dear Simon,

There is no other connection between the BMW Station and the car but the audio and mute control.

Control of the iPhone via the steering wheel control buttons is not possible.

Only the volume can be controlled with the steering wheel buttons.

Best Regards
The BMW Link Team
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 AM

The blue tooth will work independently of the Iphone cradle, provided your vehicle has the blue tooth option. As long as its within 30 feet of the vehicles head unit it will work. So essentially the only function the cradle does is to charge the phone and send the music from the phone into the cars audio system. The telephone functions independent of the dock.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: '04 X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
The blue tooth will work independently of the Iphone cradle, provided your vehicle has the blue tooth option. As long as its within 30 feet of the vehicles head unit it will work. So essentially the only function the cradle does is to charge the phone and send the music from the phone into the cars audio system. The telephone functions independent of the dock.
I do not have bluetooth or USB or even Aux in my car, a 2004 X3 with business radio.
I do have the BMW Assist which includes a microphone.

So I am hoping I can install this cradle , then when I enter the car, the bluetooth will pair with the phone without putting the phone in the cradle - and be able to receive calls - or place calls (using the phone is fine) but having the sound/mic comes through the car speakers.

If I want to use the nav/music I am fine putting the phone in the cradle.

If the system has bluetooth, then there is no 'technical' reason to put the phone in the cradle for this to work, and also no technical reason to limit the type of phone to be used (blackberry/Motorola etc...) - unless BMW put some restriction on the cradle usage to Iphone only.

ecoveon, as I understand you had bluetooth in your car, so you are not using the cradle for the bluetooth features, is this correct?

Thank you
Old 09-09-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenninger View Post
I do not have bluetooth or USB or even Aux in my car, a 2004 X3 with business radio.
I do have the BMW Assist which includes a microphone.

So I am hoping I can install this cradle , then when I enter the car, the bluetooth will pair with the phone without putting the phone in the cradle - and be able to receive calls - or place calls (using the phone is fine) but having the sound/mic comes through the car speakers.

If I want to use the nav/music I am fine putting the phone in the cradle.

If the system has bluetooth, then there is no 'technical' reason to put the phone in the cradle for this to work, and also no technical reason to limit the type of phone to be used (blackberry/Motorola etc...) - unless BMW put some restriction on the cradle usage to Iphone only.

ecoveon, as I understand you had bluetooth in your car, so you are not using the cradle for the bluetooth features, is this correct?

Thank you
Yes, I have Bluetooth, Handsfree, USB + AUX.

So the only function that the cradle performs is to charge the phone, play the music and satellite radio from the phone and hold the phone in an accessible position. Also no cables are visible.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: 335xi
Cross Threading

Somehow I have this conversation going on two differ Bimmerfest threads, so my apologies. Ecoveon has the iPhone station installed in an X84, I believe. I'm looking at it for a 335xi.

Ecoveon said that some of the wires in the harness are for the signal enhancement channels. These apparently are hooked up as part of the console cradle. Are they also used in the iPhone 4 station set up, or do you lose that functionality?

Given all the mis informatoin about this thing out there, would any of you trust a dealer to install one?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 PM

There is an independent gps antenna but there is nothing that supports the idea of an external cell antenna
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Hello, guys!

I have purchased BMW station for my x1 and downloaded bmw link app
But there are several problems
1. I live in Russia and there is no bmw link app in Russian app store. So I registered UK account in order to download it. But I still can't buy navigation license because I should have valid UK credit card for it.
2. The worst one. When some one is calling me - I can't reduce the volume. Iphone uses bmw station audio out but volume buttons don't work. My bmw volume buttins also dont work. Who will heal My ears?)) how can i reduce volume during phone calls? Maybe my dealer didn`t install something?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX1 View Post
Hello, guys!

I have purchased BMW station for my x1 and downloaded bmw link app
But there are several problems
1. I live in Russia and there is no bmw link app in Russian app store. So I registered UK account in order to download it. But I still can't buy navigation license because I should have valid UK credit card for it.
2. The worst one. When some one is calling me - I can't reduce the volume. Iphone uses bmw station audio out but volume buttons don't work. My bmw volume buttins also dont work. Who will heal My ears?)) how can i reduce volume during phone calls? Maybe my dealer didn`t install something?
Yes lots of problems.

First, surprising the dealer did a faulty installation. Looks like they have messed up the harness connections and god knows what else. However i am sure your dealer would be able to resolve the volume and button issues. So your best bet is gong back to them.

Navigation is an issue, in your place I would use a non BMW navigation app like Navigon or something else.

Hope you get your problems resolved asap.