Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i/2012 MercedesML
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaseaban View Post
bcool,

I just got off the phone with my SA and he informed me that the recall for "defect code 0061130300***8207;" is to fix the vibration problem. I don't how true this is but i'm curious to find out so if you could, please contact your SA and schedule a service appointment for them to fix that recall...which is basically a reprogramming of the car. As you know BMW is more electronics than mechanical so this software update/reprogram MAY fix the vibration problem indeed.

For what it's worth, i recommend you call another dealership (not the one you're currently dealing with...i've lost faith in them already) and enquire about any recall campaign for your F01 (gve then your VIN). There should be atleast two (that i'm aware of); one for the drive belt guard cover and one for defect code 0061130300***8207;.

My SA also told me that the reprogramming/software for my car has being crashing all day (which is typical) and they're hoping it'll install/reprogram successfully by Monday. I have a nice X5 loaner without any company logo or courtesy markings on it so i'm going to enjoy that for the weekend.

Incase anyone is interested, i'm getting the latest Navigation map updates (6 disk total according to my SA) and the the Navigation OS update loaded for $170. Not bad compare to when i use to buy NavTeq map updates for $199.
Thanks so much Asaseaban for taking the time to post this info. Very thoughful and gracious of you. Yes, I did mention to check for any recalls and that there was a programming correction that was successful with another similiar situation. I will of course provide this detailed info you have provided just in case. Can you imagine if this was the exact cause and BMW Canada couldn't even figure this out.
Thanks again my friend and have a blessed weekend.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750 Li x-drive
vibration

BCool's story is scaring me to death! 2010 750lxi - Smooth as silk for 5000 miles. Chicago pot holes slighlty bent left side rims. Thought I threw a weight and went to local tire store. They have done tire work on 4 BMWs I have owned last 8 years. Slight bends on inside lip of rims were repaired and rebalanced. Vibration got more severe and tire guy said take it to dealer $500 later they rebalanced and vibration is no better. Going back to dealer Monday! I have bought each of my daughter's Mazda 3's - 2009 and 2010. Both have better ride than my new 7 - Hard to believe a pothole that didn't even flatten the tires could create this big of an issue.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by kins186 View Post
BCool's story is scaring me to death! 2010 750lxi - Smooth as silk for 5000 miles. Chicago pot holes slighlty bent left side rims. Thought I threw a weight and went to local tire store. They have done tire work on 4 BMWs I have owned last 8 years. Slight bends on inside lip of rims were repaired and rebalanced. Vibration got more severe and tire guy said take it to dealer $500 later they rebalanced and vibration is no better. Going back to dealer Monday! I have bought each of my daughter's Mazda 3's - 2009 and 2010. Both have better ride than my new 7 - Hard to believe a pothole that didn't even flatten the tires could create this big of an issue.
Which is why I am sticking to my 19 inch rims eventhough 20 inch looks better.

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Driving Machine

Mein Auto: '13 F10 550i; '13 R1200GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Which is why I am sticking to my 19 inch rims eventhough 20 inch looks better.
It's the run flats...even 18s would be problematical on the 7 with RFs.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 AM
greg1

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750i
Quote:
You have a good spirit and waaaayyyyyyy tooooo much patience than me so hang in there and know that i'm rooting for ya to come out as a winner.

So i guess they gonna give you a loaner whilst they try to fix the dang in the shop? Didn't they ask for the loaner back only to give it to you back?

Well, enjoy life and don't let this whole car fiasco hold you back.

BTW, i took my car in today for reprogram (ref. "defect code 0061130300") you may wanna ask your dealership to lookup your VIN and see if your ride is affected and get the car reprogam. I'm also getting the latest navigation map and nav OS update (which is not free) but for all the troubles you've being thru maybe the manager will be nice enough to throw those updates in there for free.

Take care and be good

Yes, bcool you are one patient dude indeed. If that was me I would be giving that dealer the riot act!
Thanks for keeping us in the loop b/c I for one want to know how BMW is going to answer to this ridiculous charade of 4 months holding onto your car and now deny any responsibility.
To the posters that think it is the runflats tires: Highly doubt BMW is that stupid! Did they not already try different tires/wheels?
bcool...we really hope you come out FULLY satisfied. I also agree with others that this dealer sounds very incompetent and actually not trustworthy! All the best!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 740Li & BMW M3 E92
Hey Fellas,

Yes the saga continues with the vibration. We have now done 16,000kms with the car and after a week at BMW headquarters adn 3 weeks at dealer still no response.

I have washed my hands of BMW cars. We have owned 14 of them. I have another great story for you. I have an M3 which is 2 years old. The paint has started to peel so it now looks like an orange peel effect all over the bonnet and trunk. I had the main guy from BMW down to the dealer and he was trying to blame me for the way it is washed. I said well I have a 740 and Mercedes at home that has the same treatment and nothign wrong there. I also use 99% BMW cleaning products. So I let him have it and also the BMW dealership. I have never seen a car company back out of it's warranty obligations as BMW has. I have sold the car and will never be back through their doors.

We still have the 7 and I think the run flats have a large amount of cause to the problem. I have also been told there is new rear suspension parts on the way as well as other updates but can't confirm. Just a dissapointing new age of BMW. Financial crisis must have tightend up their belts just a little bit to much and not listen to customers. Arrogence from Germans?? Would have thought they would have learn't by now.

Bonzamonza
Old 03-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Finally, Dealer agrees in drive system

The dealer brought my car back Wednesday, said they believed it was fine. I drove it a half mile, vibration was still there so I called the dealer back and said pick it up. They picked it up the next morning. I must confess, my dealer seems more cooperative than bcool's. They called me Friday morning and said it is in the drive system and they have escalated the issue to BMW. The service manager drove another brand new 750 LI Xdrive and it did the same thing. I hope it is just the programming.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kins186 View Post
The dealer brought my car back Wednesday, said they believed it was fine. I drove it a half mile, vibration was still there so I called the dealer back and said pick it up. They picked it up the next morning. I must confess, my dealer seems more cooperative than bcool's. They called me Friday morning and said it is in the drive system and they have escalated the issue to BMW. The service manager drove another brand new 750 LI Xdrive and it did the same thing. I hope it is just the programming.
Latest Update:

The Regional Tech Manager just went on another road test yesterday morning and NOW confirms that my car vibrates and shimmy's/shakes abnormally especially at speeds above 104km/hour .
The service manager say everyone now is 100% on board and fully agrees that this is an issue/problem that should not be accepted. He pleaded for one last chance to fix this b/c they now believe they know the cause!?!?!
BMW Canada however refuses to make a decision on replacing this car that has been in the shop for 130 straight days.
It is still my position that BMW should figure out this defect/problem on their own time and not on the customer's.
I can only pray that none of you good people will have to experience this nightmare that I am going thru.
The saga/nightmare continues....
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcool View Post
Latest Update:

The Regional Tech Manager just went on another road test yesterday morning and NOW confirms that my car vibrates and shimmy's/shakes abnormally especially at speeds above 104km/hour .
The service manager say everyone now is 100% on board and fully agrees that this is an issue/problem that should not be accepted. He pleaded for one last chance to fix this b/c they now believe they know the cause!?!?!
BMW Canada however refuses to make a decision on replacing this car that has been in the shop for 130 straight days.
It is still my position that BMW should figure out this defect/problem on their own time and not on the customer's.
I can only pray that none of you good people will have to experience this nightmare that I am going thru.
The saga/nightmare continues....
If they have decided not to replace the car, than it's only fair they should compensate you with $$$.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Into the dark ages

Mein Auto: Mystery MACHINE
wow sounds like you are beta tester. i guess it's always the case with new BMW models but seems to be getting worse and worse with each year. guess the complexity of the cars makes it harder for them to complete proper test cycle in the same amount of time. good luck!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Y ask y? Ask y not!

Mein Auto: F02
Quote:
Latest Update:

The service manager say everyone now is 100% on board and fully agrees that this is an issue/problem that should not be accepted. He pleaded for one last chance to fix this b/c they now believe they know the cause!?!?!....
WHEW!!! It's about time. Can't believe it took this long for them to agree 100% there's a vibration/shimmy problem.

Keep fighting on and more powwr to you.
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 AM

I just picked up my first BMW a couple of weeks back, hope all goes well.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Hi Bcool,

Any news on the fix? My dealer is just wasting my time and BMW Australia arn't even interested. More ammo to fire at them would be great. They have ordered some rear suspension components to be changed but I am not convinced it will fix it. For a car they say is not faulty it has had 3 different tyres, rim sets on it, new drive line, new front sway bar and now rear bushes. Glad it's not faulty!!

Regards,

Karl
Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 AM

Update.

BMW have replaced some rear suspension parts and this has not fixed my vibration issue. Anyone else got any other ideas? Bcool what is the latest with yours?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: LS 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGray5 View Post
It's the run flats...even 18s would be problematical on the 7 with RFs.
Less tire=more problems.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:40 PM

I have ordered today a set of Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres. I had these on my M5 and were great. No more run flats for me! Hope this resolves the issue as BMW have been pathetic about the whole situation.

Will let you all know how I go after we make the switch.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM

Update,

Run Flat Tyres are rubbish. New set of continental tyres on yesterday and my vibration issue is now gone. No thanks to my dealer or BMW Australia who were nothing short of useless in the whole issue.

My tip it don't buy one with run flats. Our car is completely different now with normal tyres fells like it should from the factory!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
bmw addiction

Mein Auto: X5d
has the issue been resolved?

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone

-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 750 Li
bcool, did you ever had your problem fixed?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Y ask y? Ask y not!

Mein Auto: F02
Change from RFT to none-RFT...it makes a huge difference in the ride.
2009 750Li Mineral White - Sold
2009 750Li Titanium Silver
2011 xDrive35d Vermilion Red - Sold
2012 xDrive35d Vermilion Red
Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh3 View Post
bcool, did you ever had your problem fixed?
Quote:
Change from RFT to none-RFT...it makes a huge difference in the ride.
Hello guys,

Last spring, they finally changed the driveshaft after great persistence. Afterwards, the service manager(s) both went on test ride with me and claim "hey it is good now..all fixed" . What can I say at that point? I took the car back and told them that test it out for a while.

Sadly, I can still feel it and I have had several passengers become nauseous to a point where I had to pull over so they could heave. It is most noticeable in the passenger seat. Only got 7500 miles on this 750i and I still feel BMW has NOT fixed this.

Perhaps it is a flawed characteristic of the new 750i..hmmmm. I am just exhausted with all this and do I want to really go thru all this with my lawyer? I am most dissappointed with how BMW Canada's resolve to this issue and at times barked at me saying there is nothing wrong w the car and in the same breath they said we are trying to resolve this.

When the weather gets better I will look into this again. Since it is winter I am just driving around in my new suv I bought few weeks ago.

IF I go wth non RFT's what about a spare? Thanks for the tip regardless asseaban!

Hope you guys are doing well!!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM

750li vibration

I had a hailine crack in a rim that did not leak air, but once it heated up from road friction, 15-20 minutes on highway, the vibration was evident. When they finally changed the rims it was solved. Dealer took a set off another 7 series and ran it to prove to themselves is was a problem with the tires or rims.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:29 AM

Mein Auto: E46 320i
So,, no more update??

I was digging into same kind of issue for my father-in-law's F02..
Really want to know how did it go...?
Surprised again to see he(BCool) is also a BC resident like me..
I even wants to meet him in person cuz my father-in-law's car is in service
for 3 times so far,, and it's been there for 3+weeks now..
Old 09-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320_aaron View Post
I was digging into same kind of issue for my father-in-law's F02..
Really want to know how did it go...?
Surprised again to see he(BCool) is also a BC resident like me..
I even wants to meet him in person cuz my father-in-law's car is in service
for 3 times so far,, and it's been there for 3+weeks now..
Hey Aaron, What dealership is it at? Sorry to hear you having the same problem. At least I know for sure that this is definitely an issue that needs to be resolved by BMW.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: E46 320i
Quote:
Hey Aaron, What dealership is it at? Sorry to hear you having the same problem. At least I know for sure that this is definitely an issue that needs to be resolved by BMW.
Actually my father in law is living in Korea, and this story is from there..
it's been 4 weeks, he is feeling bad and doesnt like the courtesy car(F10 5 series) anymore..

I found that the problem is happening (not sure it's exactly the same issue tho) on 2011 models..

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthre...ght=hesitation