Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 04 X3 6-Speed, 98 Z3 M
Angry Bluetooth ?'s

So the dealer said my '04 X3 has bluetooth in it. On my wheel i have the R/T button and the little speaking head button. I saw a PDF file from BMW's website that said in order to sync it i have to press the talking head button like 2 seconds before i start my car and then hold it for like another 4 seconds. i dont remember exactly what it said but i reread the directions and kept trying for like 2 hours. Is bluetooth standard in the 04's or did they just put those buttons on every steering wheel? Can someone help me out so i stop wasting my time on this lol.

Ads by Google
Old 09-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Aficionado

Mein Auto: '05 X3, '95 M3, '89 MkI
Does the radio screen show "program phone" or something like that when you push the talking face button? if no, dealer lied to you.
Also check if you have a BT PK code on the TCU in the left compartment in the trunk. Do a search on here, there are several threads on this subject.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Mein Auto: 04 X3 6-Speed, 98 Z3 M
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3-terrestrial View Post
Does the radio screen show "program phone" or something like that when you push the talking face button? if no, dealer lied to you.
Also check if you have a BT PK code on the TCU in the left compartment in the trunk. Do a search on here, there are several threads on this subject.
thanks man, and yeah I dont think ill be the first person ever to have a used-car dealer lie to a customer

Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0Si
Not sure if your problem is solved but when I got my car 5 months back I too did the same thing i.e. pressed the talking face button on the wheel and nothing happened. Later I found another button on the front arm rest next to the phone adapter. I pressed that button in the sequence mentioned in the manual, it immediately paired up! Try doing that.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 x3
On the driver side of your cargo area you will see a panel that has a net holder. Pop that panel out and look down in the service compartment well. If you see a telematics unit (looks kind of like a hard drive) with a Bluetooth code on the top of it you're in business. If not, the used car dealer screwed you. I would go back and demand some sort of refund or a report to BBB. Best of luck!

Patrick
Old 09-16-2011, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 x3
BTW, Your X3 looks good with some mud on her... I haven't had the #$%%'s to take my 08 X3 offroading... I have the M package with the low pro 19inch wheels and tires..