Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Observations

We live in a small rural area just outside the big city. When we get home in the afternoon we generally stay - therefore not too much night time driving. Took a drive tonight and I'd have to say the car looks great at night. The amber lighting is fantastic, the ambience lighting is just right and the Xenon lights really illuminate the road. I also changed the NAV to 250 mile radius to see about one-third of the nation including the eastern edge. The picture on the NAV was outstanding. The NAV maybe weak but it sho' is purty!! I really like this car at night, it really feels like a luxury car both in driving dynamics and overlook looks and features. I'm drinking the Kool Aid tonight...
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M sport
I agree about the amber lighting.. Very cool looking
Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: Acura RL
Hey GunsBMW, My dealer has the clone of your car with Xdrive, If I could ask what type of deal did you get?
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulunderdog View Post
We live in a small rural area just outside the big city. When we get home in the afternoon we generally stay - therefore not too much night time driving. Took a drive tonight and I'd have to say the car looks great at night. The amber lighting is fantastic, the ambience lighting is just right and the Xenon lights really illuminate the road. I also changed the NAV to 250 mile radius to see about one-third of the nation including the eastern edge. The picture on the NAV was outstanding. The NAV maybe weak but it sho' is purty!! I really like this car at night, it really feels like a luxury car both in driving dynamics and overlook looks and features. I'm drinking the Kool Aid tonight...
Agreed 1000%.

I like walking up to the car from the front and pressing the unlock button and looking at the angel eyes in their brilliant bright white. The ambience lighting inside the car is simply stunning....as is the rest of this well thought out interior. The little LED door handle illuminator lights are just another small touch that scream "luxury."

Hey, pass the kool aid.

Last edited by PsychDoc1; 09-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.