Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
BMW's "other" GT

I still love the GT and I'm not leaving the F07 forum - nuff said!!!!!

However, I came across an offer from BMW Financial and my dealer that I couldn't refuse, so I pulled the trigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hallandale-20110925-00329.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	294615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hallandale-20110925-00333.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	294616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hallandale-20110925-00336.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	294617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Miami-20110922-00321.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	294618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Miami-20110922-00323.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	294619  

2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)
Ads by Google
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by car-fan View Post
I still love the GT and I'm not leaving the F07 forum - nuff said!!!!!

However, I came across an offer from BMW Financial and my dealer that I couldn't refuse, so I pulled the trigger.
Very sweet car!
Great color combination!
Perfect car for SoFla!
Congratulations!

Did you trade your GT?

(BTW I hate you!)

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-25-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Magnificent car!
Great color combination!
Perfect car for SoFla
Congratulations!

Did you trade your GT?

(BTW I hate you!)

Thanks Capo!! Yes, unfortunately, I ended up trading the GT - there are scratch marks on the hood from me not wantng to let it go.

Note: Apart from my GT, the "6" was the "only" car in the entire current BMW lineup that I was willing to purchase at this time.. The GT spoiled me royally.

And I'm staying around these parts - feels like family over here
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)
Old 09-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
congrats!! I've seen the new 6 and she is gorgeous!! Sorry you had to trade in the GT! I saw your other post about the only video and was going to respond, encouraging you to take some video . . . then I saw this!! I still have my E93 and completely understand wanting an awesome, luxurious convertible! We got our GT clear bra and tinted, and immediately drove over to our annual local chapter BMWCCA picnic. The GT was a huge hit! Everyone loved the dual trunk, the comfortable and spacious rear seats and tech toys like the HUD and night vision!

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-fan View Post
Thanks Capo!! Yes, unfortunately, I ended up trading the GT - there are scratch marks on the hood from me not wantng to let it go.

Note: Apart from my GT, the "6" was the "only" car in the entire current BMW lineup that I was willing to purchase at this time.. The GT spoiled me royally.

And I'm staying around these parts - feels like family over here
As far as I am concerned you are always welcome here!

You have been a Noble GT Warrior.

This past year we tag teamed to fight some memorable battles together.
We were able to dispel more than a few misconceptions,
and counter considerable prejudice about the GT on other forums.
We had a good time in the process by utilizing humor, style,
and sometimes jus' the facts gave us the best laughs.

I hope in the future if you should see me slugging it out on the F10 forum -
you will come to my assistance ..."memba the "Carfan Bat"

It's ironic that you should liquidate your GT before me - when I came so close to doing so
this past year. I did not love the GT when I bought it, but after 15K miles I find that
I have more grown more fond and intrigued of the GT's aesthetic and dynamic qualities.
I am certain our conversations have enhanced my appreciation.

From your GT Comrade -

zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
As far as I am concerned you are always welcome here!

You have been a Noble GT Warrior.

This past year we tag teamed to fight some memorable battles together.
We were able to dispel more than a few misconceptions,
and counter considerable prejudice about the GT on other forums.
We had a good time in the process by utilizing humor, style,
and sometimes jus' the facts gave us the best laughs.

I hope in the future if you should see me slugging it out on the F10 forum -
you will come to my assistance ..."memba the "Carfan Bat"

It's ironic that you should liquidate your GT before me - when I came so close to doing so
this past year. I did not love the GT when I bought it, but after 15K miles I find that
I have more grown more fond and intrigued of the GT's aesthetic and dynamic qualities.
I am certain our conversations have enhanced my appreciation.

From your GT Comrade -

zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi
Thanks I don't plan on going anywhere If it werent for the fact that I have another sedan and a truck, I would have kept the GT.

I'll admit there is a void for the GT, I miss it. I would get another. Although I have road in, and driven many different types of convertibles, this is the first convertible I have personally owned. So to borrow the GT tagline " When was the last time you experienced something new" - I am doing so now.

The BMW engineers need to give the GT the exhaust note this thing has, it rumbles - especially with the top down.

Last edited by car-fan; 09-25-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Congrats car-fan, it is an amazing car. Got to drive one at the team America event and loved it. Looks so much better than the old one... I'd get one in a heartbeat, too bad I can't sell my kids so I've got to go for the GT instead.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashrahman View Post
...... We got our GT clear bra and tinted, and immediately drove over to our annual local chapter BMWCCA picnic. The GT was a huge hit! Everyone loved the dual trunk, the comfortable and spacious rear seats and tech toys like the HUD and night vision!
After one year and 15 K miles - I continue to receive numerous compliments and in the wild. Even at this point in time, most people have never seen a GT, and regard the GT as a BMW exotic - real fun!. Ironically, the only nasty comments I have ever received have been from fellow 'festers on Bimmerfest - and it has been "fugly" at times. Perhaps, the GT is polarizing, however, I have found there is considerable uninformed opinion on Bimmerfest, ruled by misconception and prejudice, which often crowds out more reasoned argument. Your BMWCCA experience is similar to mine at Bimmerfest East where my GT was the only GT showing. My GT received numerous compliments through out the day - for most attendees, Bimmerfest East was their first experience to view an actual GT in the flesh.

Welcome to the F07 Forum - Congrats on a beautiful car.

Last edited by Capobranco; 09-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
car-fan where you trade your gt at a friend of is interested in your car
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM

It's at Braman BMW Miami....talk to Mark Martinez 305-571-1200

Last edited by car-fan; 09-27-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
car-fan

wife "accidently" got into my account and posted under my name . . .

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter

Last edited by kashrahman; 09-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
The driver

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535x GT
I've just arrived and you are leaving. We got the GT on Sept. 15th after a long wait with ED and PCD (trip reports covered on the other forums). I was looking forward to getting to know the GT with you guys.

When we first ordered this car, kashrahman's comment about how some call this an "ugly duckling" stuck in my mind. I began to regret this until I saw it in Munich. Well, Capobronco's words of starting to admire the "GT's aesthetic and dynamic qualities" have taken over my thoughts. I have been admiring the car as I walk away from it at my office parking lot and then again when I am walking towards it after work. I am indeed becoming taken with this car. I look forward to getting in the car every morning and evening. I think the GT is certainly a rare looking gem. And the fact that there is not one all over the place like the 5 series, makes it feel even more special.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBlue View Post
I've just arrived and you are leaving. We got the GT on Sept. 15th after a long wait with ED and PCD (trip reports covered on the other forums). I was looking forward to getting to know the GT with you guys.

When we first ordered this car, kashrahman's comment about how some call this an "ugly duckling" stuck in my mind. I began to regret this until I saw it in Munich. Well, Capobronco's words of starting to admire the "GT's aesthetic and dynamic qualities" have taken over my thoughts. I have been admiring the car as I walk away from it at my office parking lot and then again when I am walking towards it after work. I am indeed becoming taken with this car. I look forward to getting in the car every morning and evening. I think the GT is certainly a rare looking gem. And the fact that there is not one all over the place like the 5 series, makes it feel even more special.

Bimmerfest has many admirable qualities but sometimes the conversation is dominated by a seemingly Greek Chorus whose mantra rejoices the conventional and eschews, indeed, is frightened by innovation and change. I strongly urge you not to be bullied by this opinion. The GT is an extraordinary tour de force that has no direct competitor. The design language is imbued with a robust athleticism. The styling conveys power, competency, and seriousness of purpose. BMW has endowed the GT with serious road presence. In general,
the GT is a celebration of innovative thinking. GT owners tend to be independent minded trend setters who are not ruled by the opinion of others, but trust their own instincts and judgement.

Enjoy your GT - you are driving the coolest Big BMW.