Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I bleed black and yellow.

Mein Auto: X3
Angry Made in America

Hi guys, can you believe this: I had an appointment yesterday at 4 pm to pick up my new F25 after a 6 month wait. At 10 am I received a phone call from my dealership that they had accidently scheduled the appointment for next wednesday, and that my car wasn't ready. At 11 pm my dealer called me and told me that we could do the delivery on Friday. At 11:45 he called me again to tell me that the first appointment had been rescheduled to next Wednesday because my car had been damaged while being shipped from the States to Germany. So now it's back to next wednesday...

Der Neue X3 - Einzigartig Vielseitig
German BMW slogan ("The new X3 - Uniquely Versatile")
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 15 F33 N55 & 15 F15 N63
Thats awful, but it didn't happen since the car is 'Made in America'. It probably happened during the shipping process and the local carrier, just like my ED 335is was slightly damaged with the rear bumper during transit from DE to US.

Mater of fact, only 22% of the X3 has 'American' parts, as the rest and majority are imported from Germany.

Don't worry, BMW will repair it perfectly and you will never know it happen!

Be sure to post pics.

"2 Countries (DE/USA), 2 Cars (435/X5), 1 ED/Welt (9/29), 1 PCD (10/3)"
2015 X5 50i M Sport- PCD (10/2014)
2015 435 Cabrio M-Sport ED (9/2014)- In transit
2011 X3 xDrive 35i M-Sport PCD (6/2011)
2011 335is Cabrio ED (9/2010)/PCD (12/2010)-Retired
2007 X3is PCD (1/2007)-Retired
2007 335i Cabrio PCD (6/2007)-Retired
2004 328i Cabrio PCD (3/2004)-Retired
BMW Driving Experience Tracks:
M Fascination Hockenheimring 2014
M Fascination Nordschleife 2012
Advanced M VIR 2011
BMWCCA
Old 09-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Unless of course it was dropped whilst unloading and they are air freighting you a brand new one as we speak!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM

Made in America

That's what must have happend - they dropped my new car on me on Friday after all - just in time for a stunningly beautiful weekend in Northern Germany. WOW - what a ride! It feels like different class compared to my previous X3!!! Everything feels well made and luxurious, the color scheme black exterior/black leather/"Fineline Wave" dark wood looks classy (in my opinion), the engine feels smoother - I'm happy! Thanks to the guys from Spartanburg for making tis thing. Perfect weekend (and the Steelers beat the Colts)...

Old 09-26-2011, 12:38 AM

Hey Ibiza, are those german export plates on your cars?
I have no problems with my car being built in America. My first SUV was a Ford Explorer and I really liked it and have nothing bad to say about it. Just the fact that I could hop on a plane in Hamburg and be in Munich inside of one hour, then drive a BMW back home in 7 hours feels weird compared to a five week wait while the car is in transit acrross the Atlantic...
Perhaps they should go with UncleJ's idea of air freighting...

Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvemonkeys View Post
That's what must have happend - they dropped my new car on me on Friday after all - just in time for a stunningly beautiful weekend in Northern Germany. WOW - what a ride! It feels like different class compared to my previous X3!!! Everything feels well made and luxurious, the color scheme black exterior/black leather/"Fineline Wave" dark wood looks classy (in my opinion), the engine feels smoother - I'm happy! Thanks to the guys from Spartanburg for making tis thing. Perfect weekend (and the Steelers beat the Colts)...
I'm with ya on the Steelers! Grew up in Pittsburgh and lived their until the last couple of years. Black and gold forever!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 AM

Black & Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I'm with ya on the Steelers! Grew up in Pittsburgh and lived their until the last couple of years. Black and gold forever!
Imagine living in Europe where they have only one NFL game per year in London. I pray every time that the Steelers will come over to play, instead I have to settle for Tampa Bay playing Chicago...One day I'll go to Heinz Field, preferrably watching Big Ben demolish the Ravens!!!

Oh, and since it's about BMW: My new F25 runs like a dream. Love performance control, whitch lets you choose a sportier setting for shock absorbers, steering and automatic transmission. It feels pretty different from the smooth and comfortable setup!