Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix; 2015 X5 35ix
Anyone outside of USA with X-drive and Dynamic Drive - Please Answer

Background
The only way to purchase an X-drive in the USA with Dynamic Drive (Dynamic Damper Control + Automatic Roll Stabilization) is to include the sport package. When you do that you end up with an all-season 245/40/19” tire and no other tire option. That’s fine except I’m on my 7th replacement tire in 7 months due to blisters and/or blowouts. To make matters worse, replacements are not readily available. The negative experiences that many in the USA have experienced with these tires is the subject of a lengthy thread on this forum.

I want to put 18” wheels and all-weather run-flat tires on the car to hopefully minimize future problems. BMW NA won’t answer whether this is an acceptable configuration or not. A Goodyear representative has advised me that the problem with the tires may be due to the interaction of the tires with the dynamic suspension and the failure rate with 18” tires may not be any better. None of this is confirmed and could just be “shop talk”.

Question
Some markets outside of the USA appear to offer an X-drive with 18” tires and Dynamic Drive. It’s not clear to me whether they have all–season tires, but there certainly are few complaints outside of the USA. Can you confirm that this configuration is offered in your country and what tires are included? Do you have experiences to report with these tires? Thanks for your help. I need some positive feedback before I make the plunge to 18” tires with Dynamic Drive.
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
The 2012 528xi M-Sport has 18s and DDC.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix; 2015 X5 35ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
The 2012 528xi M-Sport has 18s and DDC.
Good to know. Thank you.