Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: '07 Z4 Coupe
DICE iPod integration & BSW Stage 1 ???s

Edit- Went back and watched the video- again- and it looks like the connectors I need are further up... so, I'll be ripping back into the trunk to look for them again- ugh!

I plan on ordering the DICE iPod integration kit for my '07 Z4 (Factory HU non-nav & DSP- I think). I've read a lot of threads- and viewed the detailed YouTube vids from BSW- but I still have some questions...

I've seen some threads that suggest I need the DSP adapter, and others that say I don't. I'm assuming I do have DSP, because I have the 10 speaker Carver system and there is a selector in the settings for "Concert, Church, JazzClub, and OFF."

I found the amp (and another box with a bunch of cables) mounted to the front wall of the trunk, and from the videos I've seen I need to find a three pin connector and a five pin connector (or a cable from the DSP). I've attached a picture which has what I think is the 3 pin (there's a yellow wire, brown/white, and clear). I'm guessing the lonely unconnected coax cable is the DSP- which takes the place of the 5 pin connector, right?

So, I think I would need to order the DICE iPod kit (I already have Bluetooth, so don't need that), with the DSP converter (which should change the coax to the 5 pin- right), and the toolkit.

Finally, I'm also thinking of ordering the Stage 1 BSW speaker set (which just has the door mids and tweeters. If anyone has installed these, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks for any info,
Pete

Last edited by Varilux; 09-24-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: Z3, Z4, 328 2011 and 328i
Did you ever got a response about this?, my Z4 (2003)has only the 3 pin connector and the Coax, that is OK, I called Dice and they told me that the DSP adaptor is for that (to get the 6 pin connector), nevertheless, the coax in the car harness and the coax in the DSP adaptor from Dice are both felame type... I wonder if there is a male adaptor to connect both???
Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: '07 Z4 Coupe
The response basically said "yep, just order the DICE and the DSP converter and you're good to go."

BTW, the coax in the picture is probably NOT the connection I need (the real connectors- including the 3 pin- are supposed to be tucked even farther towards the front in the area behind the center storage area... I just need to get up in there again and look for them).

Actually, I'm taking a step back and thinking things over again. Perhaps I'll get a JBL MS-8 and connect the iPod through there (at the prices you can pick up the MS-8, its only a couple hundred more than the DICE, and gives you the ability to tie right into the system with the iPod).

Or, even more simple would be to get a JBL MS-2 (waiting to see more reviews). Sure, the iPod is still being hooked up through the Aux port, but the MS-2 supposedly stages the stock speakers in such a way that they sound MUCH better (something I wouldn't get with the DICE).

The question then becomes how to hook up the iPod. I'm thinking of going with the mount shown here:

I would then hook up to the Aux jack using a cable from here (I would order the 6" cable to keep things clean): http://www.ramelectronics.net/ipod-m...IFEPDMRCB.html

Alternatively, I would order the cable above with a 6' cable and use the mount found here: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

Either way I mount the iPod, the JBL MS-2 would be tucked away unseen (after the optimization was done). The MS-2 is found here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_109MS2/...earch=JBL+iPod

Anyway, those are my thoughts on what I'm going to do...