Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 MINI Cooper S loaded
Order placed for a loaded 2012 xDrive35

Space Gray, Black Leather, Brushed Al.

All options, except heads-up display and CWP II.

Just added the "cargo net" today -- I can't see any reason NOT to get it and given the holes that are required in the headliner, seems a retrofit would be difficult.

Pretty excited about the order.

Couple of things to figure out now:
0. When does production officially start?
1. Are there multiple versions of tires coming on the M-sport editions and if so, which is best?
2. 2nd set of OEM RIMs for snow/Winter use -- 17" or 18", which wheels, which tires.

Told my dealer that I wasn't interested in the "dealer swirl" option and will have a detailer ready to put a clear coat on the vehicle on day 1....Still wondering if I should let them detail the interior.

Regards,
-mark
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
Space Gray, Black Leather, Brushed Al.

All options, except heads-up display and CWP II.

Just added the "cargo net" today -- I can't see any reason NOT to get it and given the holes that are required in the headliner, seems a retrofit would be difficult.

Pretty excited about the order.

Couple of things to figure out now:
0. When does production officially start?
1. Are there multiple versions of tires coming on the M-sport editions and if so, which is best?
2. 2nd set of OEM RIMs for snow/Winter use -- 17" or 18", which wheels, which tires.

Told my dealer that I wasn't interested in the "dealer swirl" option and will have a detailer ready to put a clear coat on the vehicle on day 1....Still wondering if I should let them detail the interior.

Regards,
-mark
Why would you have to have them "detail" the interior upon receipt it should be spotless?
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 MINI Cooper S loaded
I was under the impression that a pre-delivery detail was commonplace...
Old 09-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 535xi M
Ordered a 12 35i for my wife also, and will also be having them not touch the paint. On my F10 they not only swirled it, but gooped excess wax all over it.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Congratulations on your order! I too put an order in for a 35i three weeks ago. Yesterday my dealer recieved the following e-mail from BMW "Thank you for submitting your recent Performance Center Delivery reservation for Greg Smith. Unfortunately, this production number (xxxxxxxxxx) is a new production model and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. Please inform your customer that we will contact you with a delivery date once the vehicle is produced, the EPA and CARB approvals have been received and an ETA has been assigned. We will do everything we can to deliver the vehicle at the earliest possible date and give your client the experience that he/she is looking forward to. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET."
I am supposed to hear more on Monday but to say the least I am a bit disappointed. Anyone else waiting on when their 2012 X3 will be ready for pickup? We are planning on the Performance Delivery.

Thank you for your patience!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoITGuy View Post
Congratulations on your order! I too put an order in for a 35i three weeks ago. Yesterday my dealer recieved the following e-mail from BMW "Thank you for submitting your recent Performance Center Delivery reservation for Greg Smith. Unfortunately, this production number (xxxxxxxxxx) is a new production model and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. Please inform your customer that we will contact you with a delivery date once the vehicle is produced, the EPA and CARB approvals have been received and an ETA has been assigned. We will do everything we can to deliver the vehicle at the earliest possible date and give your client the experience that he/she is looking forward to. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET."
I am supposed to hear more on Monday but to say the least I am a bit disappointed. Anyone else waiting on when their 2012 X3 will be ready for pickup? We are planning on the Performance Delivery.

Thank you for your patience!
I got the exact same email last week for my 2012 order. My order still states they are working on the order on the tracking site. I did see a few post on another forum that a few orders for 2012's have gone in production so hopefully it won't be much longer.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 11 535xi M
Mine is supposed to go into production the first week of October and I haven't heard anything differently. Not doing PDC though unfortunately.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:07 PM

I heard today that I can arrange for my PDC October 19th. Unfortunately I will be in the middle of a planned vacation and unable to do that date. My dealer is trying to arrange something more favorable but so far the alternate dates are also in the middle of the week. I am happy to know my X3 will be out of production by then. Tomorrow I plan to see when the SAV will be finished with the quality control inspection and how long it would take to ship to my dealer here in Fort Wayne.
Maybe in time to take on vacation instead of my current Explorer Sport Trac?
Here's wishing!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: mazdaspeed3
mine started production and they only gave me one date - Oct 27th, take it or leave it
Old 09-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Congrats on the order! Sounds like a bad ass setup!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
SA just emailed me today that my 2012 x3 moved into production. Shouldn't I expect to get it by next week? I was told it takes about 2 weeks from beginning of production to the date it will be detailed and ready for me to pick up at the dealership.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Hope you all get your X3s soon! I found out today that if I still wanted a PDC on a Friday it couldn't happen until December! So I changed my order to a dealer delivery. The X3 is due to leave the production line early next week and I should have it to the dealer by the time our driving vacation to southern Ohio takes place mid October. Our dealer (Tomkinson BMW) did a super job of trying to accomadate the performance delivery experience but the demand is so high the logistics just couldn't be worked out to a date we could manage. I placed my order on September 7th so expect about a 6 - 7 week time frame for a 2012 delivery based on my experience.

Greg Smith
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
My 2012 X3 still shows "production begins". It has been one week now.