Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550xi
BMW Professional and quick review 535i xd

I'm pretty happy with P2's BMW Professional upgraded system. The F10 is one of the quietest cars I've had--much quieter than the two W212 MB 350's that I've had.

I listen to all kinds of stuff, so I threw Mozart's Le Nozze Di Figaro K. 492 in. I picked a few tracks including something if you've seen Shawshank Redemption...where Andy plays "Sull' Aria...che soave zeffiretto" over the PA.

Wow, quite clear. No distortion. High vocals and good mid and bass. For a stock system, I give this a +1.

Other than that, my 491 mile review of the car. Flat out awesome. I think this is the best built BMW that I've had. Incredibly quite. Perfect HVAC--the filtration system brings in nothing stinky from the outside. It handles well--comparing it to my 997.2 Carerra 2.

Only goofy thing is I've found if parked on an inclined driveway in rain, it tends to collect along the cowling at the base of the windshield.

But ride is excelllent. I was impressed for a RFT equipped car w/ 18" wheels. Power is good. Enough where I'm seeing myself 10 mph over the limit all the time. The 8 spd transmision rips off quite well--and it is a fun car to drive.

The seats aren't quite the most comfortable with me. If I get another, I'll order comfort seats. I had them in my E60 535 and I really wasn't that impressed by them. Dealer has been great.

Imperial Blue is an awesome color. You just need to take a bit more care when washing to avoid swirls compared to silver or space gray. But, it looks awesome clean--I'm getting a ton of compliments.

Huge improvement over the E60 imo. Only gripe is that it doesn't pair well with my iphone with the latest software update. Each time I drive it, I have to turn BT off, and then restart it on the phone, or turn the phone off and have it reboot. But, I didn't buy this car for BT capabilities...but for mainly it's comfort and excellent HVAC system.

Like I said, I've had a couple W212 E350 4matics...there is no comparison to the new F10. The MB's materials feel down right cheap compared to the F10.

It's going to take a bit to get the engine broken in, but I'm getting about 15-16.5 mpg in city. This car doesn't want to go slow. My recent 200 mi. round trip highway ride was showing 30.9 highway. I set the speed warning to 80 just in case, with my V1 to help.

Very impressed with the fit and finish for this car.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:37 AM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Thanks for the review.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 10-02-2011, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi ///M Sport
Great review, a recommended read for potential F10 owners. It is very
refreshing after yesterday's forum Tom Foolery over politics and Mr. Lancaster of
NC. Hope you continue to enjoy your '5er.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550xi
Thanks Dunder and JC. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. I-drive is pretty easy to use. The car gets a lot of look. I'm glad I got back into BMW. It took me a while of researching, but I think I found a good one.

This is an easy car to drive, and it can be a lot of fun... Even the comfy items like the heated steering wheel came in handy last weekend. Performance is there. I reset my around time driving and am getting ~18.4 around town. And this engine has a long way to break in.

My Audi salesman was really surprised....I was looking at A4s to go on the cheap side, but after "unitizing" the cost, I found the BMW a much better deal, and more imporantly a much better car. I'm really doubting an A6 (I've had 3 in the past) would meet my expectations with this car.

I know nothing is perfect, but heck this car for me so far, is doing pretty darned good.

I just have to polish her and get 2 coats of Menzerna Powerlock on. I think this is my favorite BMW yest.

Weather has been bad, so I haven't washed it for a week. It doesn't look bad--just like a dark blue car that hasn't had a wash in a week, LOL.

Thanks!