Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Mein Auto: 528i
Opti-coat

Does anyone know a good autondetailer in Ft. Lauderdale or Broward county Florida that uses opti-coat?
Ads by Google
Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio urquijo View Post
Does anyone know a good autondetailer in Ft. Lauderdale or Broward county Florida that uses opti-coat?
There are a lot of people doing CQuartz but not so many doing Opticoat. CQuartz is easier and quicker to apply which is why a lot of detailers use it, but it isn't as protective or as hydrophobic. Opticoat is definitely better.

Lucky for us (I'm in S.FL too) we actually have probably one of the most experienced Opticoat guys in the US. His name is David Fermani. He's actually an insurance adjuster who details on weekend's but his work is immaculate. Google his name and you will see tons of threads on Opticoat. He is quite pricey, but when applying a permanent coating you want the best guy for the job.

I'm having David Fermani detail and Opticoat my 550i once it arrives in the US after the Euro Delivery.

If you find Opticoat too expensive (it takes longer to apply) then you can also consider CQuartz. My Lexus has CQuartz on it. It's not as protective as Opticoat, but it also looks very glossy and is durable. Shawn Sullivan of Sully's Detailing applied the CQuartz. I paid him $400 for a one stage paint correction, Platinum Detail and the CQuartz. Thought that was a good deal.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 10-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Mein Auto: bmw535xi
Can you sharevwhat the benefits are of these treatments?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryx View Post
Can you sharevwhat the benefits are of these treatments?
1) Scratch resistance
http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=1604

2) Durability - permanent coating never need to wax again
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...15-months.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...st-review.html

3)C quartz is a nano coating so it an also mask imperfections

4) very hydrophobic - more than most waxes.

5) gives a deep wet shine.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 10-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: 02 Accord & '12 535xi
Interesting. My dealer provides a "free" initial application of the auto butler product. Any idea which of the aforementioned treatment types this would fall under, or is it completely different?

2012 535xi DG II, Blk nappa lthr, Prem sound, CWP, Head-up, Multi cont seats, Lux seats, Prem, & Tech.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
1) Scratch resistance
http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=1604

2) Durability - permanent coating never need to wax again
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...15-months.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...st-review.html

3)C quartz is a nano coating so it an also mask imperfections

4) very hydrophobic - more than most waxes.

5) gives a deep wet shine.
I read that thread and I have to admit that the product is intriguing. However, I would NEVER pay a dealer to install it. Why? Just look at how meticulous that gentleman was in prepping the car to install it. Do you think your average dealer "detailer" is going to do that? I know the dealerships that I am friendly with never would....

Now, if I had this guy in my backyard, I might think about it.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
Needsdecaf we got a pretty good one in our part of the woods, too - DJ Mayo. I like the idea of the coatings. I might actually buy some just to put on my wheels to prevent some of the brake dust from sticking as much.

BMW CCA Member
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio urquijo View Post
I have a contact @ the company. I'll ask and let you know.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
I have a contact @ the company. I'll ask and let you know.
Let me know too. I was going to use David Fermani, but he's a little on the pricey side and he only works weekends. I may just deal with it given how good he is, but if there is a top notch weekday detailer that would be better.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Let me know too. I was going to use David Fermani, but he's a little on the pricey side and he only works weekends. I may just deal with it given how good he is, but if there is a top notch weekday detailer that would be better.
will do.

Quote:
I paid him $400 for a one stage paint correction, Platinum Detail and the CQuartz. Thought that was a good deal.
Sounds reasonable. The CQ or OOC isn't where the costs lay. It's all the prep work to get the car clean. I have to do this for my aunt soon, and I'm not looking forward to it. (she parks under a tree and the paint on her ES350 is a mess)
Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
will do.

Sounds reasonable. The CQ or OOC isn't where the costs lay. It's all the prep work to get the car clean. I have to do this for my aunt soon, and I'm not looking forward to it. (she parks under a tree and the paint on her ES350 is a mess)
If your contact knows someone in the Nashville area I'd like to know sir. This sounds like a great option..