Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-10-2011, 05:09 AM

Mein Auto: N/A
Purchase corporate fleet car?

I am interested in purchasing a used 2009 BMW 328i. The car was part of a corporate fleet, and is listed as "used" and not CPO'd. I only plan on having the car for at most three years. (I am trying to get the dealership to apply the CPO warranty on the car, after reading a few stories on the forum.) The car would still have two years of maintenance if purchased without the CPO warranty. Question: Would you purchase the car without the CPO warranty?

Thanks for your comments/feedback!
Ads by Google
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
This has been a solid model for us.

Sounds like you still have 2 years of factory warranty and maintenance so you will covered against most anything for that time period and can work out any bugs with he dealer.

Just be sure you are paying a fair price. CPO will add $2,000 + or - to the cost of the car so like many things you want to get what you pay for!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
You can buy BMWs extended warranty when your warranty is about to end, so the choice will be yours later, depending on how much longer you want to keep the car, and what its reliability is. That warranty used to be called the Original Owners warranty, but is now open to anyone who owns the car during its initial warranty.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
You can buy BMWs extended warranty when your warranty is about to end, so the choice will be yours later, depending on how much longer you want to keep the car, and what its reliability is. That warranty used to be called the Original Owners warranty, but is now open to anyone who owns the car during its initial warranty.

+1
Yes if the dealer will not CPO the vehicle, then negotiate a lower price - remember the dealer has more profit margin built into a used BMW.

Then near the end of the original warranty expiration (mileage or years) - buy the BMW extended warranty.

The reason:
My 07 328 was a CPO and it came in handy when the engine had a head gasket failure, transmission/convertor leak and an air intake sensor malfunction at the 75K mark. I was glad it was covered otherwise the dealer would have charged $2300 for those repairs.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Thanks for the information on extended warranty; very helpful and something I'll keep in mind with the current negotiations.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Bmw 335i E92
Yes might not be worth the 2000 if your only going to keep the a year past the expiration of the original warranty.