Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 330i, 2007 335i
Anyone familiar with the Tires & Wheels Package?

Hi All,
I am picking up a 2008 CPO X3 tomorrow and the BMW Business Manager explained a few add on options. I am very familiar with them since I have multiple Beemers. However, one add on was mentioned that I never knew about***********: The Tires & Wheels Option.

Apparently, the Tires & Wheels option will cover any (non cosmetic) damage to the tires and rims. So if you blow out a tire due to a pot hole or your rims are cracked due to crashing into a sharp curb, you are covered. There is no deductible, and it's a no questions asked policy.

If you have this option, and have had to actually "cash in" on this, then please share your experience with me. Is it smooth or do they hassle you about it??

Also, they are offering it for $995. Can I get if for cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

PS
One more quick thing: they are offering the extended maintenance warranty for $1495. Deal or no deal???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0213.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	297517   Click image for larger version

Name:	My2006M3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	297518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car1_sm.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	297519   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008X3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	297520  

Living My Life Like It's Golden...

Crimson Red 2008 X3 (Premium|Sports|Cold Weather)
Titanium Silver 2007 335i Sports Coupe (Premium|Sports|Cold Weather)
Titanium Silver 2006 M3 (Premium|Sports|Cold Weather)
Orient Blue 2001 330i (Premium|Sports|M Package)
Ads by Google
Old 10-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
This reply may be too late, as I imagine you're already picking up the car, but here goes:

I turned both down when I bought my CPO.

The tire and wheel package seems very popular for BMW's with runflats, especially very low profile runflats. Since the X3 has neither, seems like a waste. $995 will buy a lot of tires. I think wheel damage is a lot less common with X3's than BMW's with low profile tires, unless you're especially unlucky with Boston roads. Also, with the X drive the tires and treadwear up front need to match, and tires and treadwear on the rear also have to match. So even if you have the package and get a replacement tire, you may still have to buy another tire to make a matching set on the front or the rear, and that extra tire will be out of pocket.

The extended maintenance is essentially prepaid maintenance at BMW prices. When the regular maintenance expires, a lot of us either DIY or go to indie mechanics. Also you don't have to buy now. You can buy extended maintenance at any time up to the expiration of your original maintenance term. You can also buy from any BMW dealer in the nation, so you can shop price. $1,495 is a good price though. and no guarantee you'll get that price later, either at your dealer or at another.