Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Internet

Ok for those who have the 2012 cars, can you get full internet in the car or is it still this "BMW Connected drive crap".
Ads by Google
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport

Not sure if I have the 2012 car (got it september 1st), but I got pretty much every option on there (all that 6NF stuff and the connected drive hooked up etc..).

It's crap to be honest with you, better using my iPhone.

Speaking of which - did you know if you get the 'office' feature via that 6NF code, or whatever it is these days, you have to then buy a cradle to stick your smartphone into the arm rest? Their excuse is that the car is prepped, and because phones differ you have to buy the cradle yourself. About 70, but since the iPhone doesn't share calendars / messages in the office feature, not really worth it :-/

Bluetooth is OK though.

J
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroarke View Post
Not sure if I have the 2012 car (got it september 1st), but I got pretty much every option on there (all that 6NF stuff and the connected drive hooked up etc..).

It's crap to be honest with you, better using my iPhone.

Speaking of which - did you know if you get the 'office' feature via that 6NF code, or whatever it is these days, you have to then buy a cradle to stick your smartphone into the arm rest? Their excuse is that the car is prepped, and because phones differ you have to buy the cradle yourself. About 70, but since the iPhone doesn't share calendars / messages in the office feature, not really worth it :-/

Bluetooth is OK though.

J
Sounds like the same old crap to me. Audi not gives full internet in their cars.