Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i
Efficient Dynamics/Rear Outlet

Hi All,

My mom recently purchased a 2011 X3 28i (produced in Oct.2011). I noticed that it does not have a power outlet in the rear, however my friends X3 28i with virtually the same options does. I also noticed that his has an "efficient dynamics" meter on the cluster whereas my moms does not (it simply has the fuel consumption meter)

Anyone know why this could be?

Advertisement
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM
The One who Drives.

Mein Auto: 11 f25 n55/09 Jetta TDI
If I remember correctly, only x3 35i has the Efficient Dynamic meter and a secondary 12v port in the back (mine does have both of those features).

Trips and Pieces - My new blog for Travelers by Travelers!
Personal Euro Delivery Blog

My, somewhat outdated, BMW Euro Delivery of 2009 blog with pics!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
The difference in the instrument cluster is attributed to the fact that your friend has Professional Navigation, where as you do not have sat nav and thus have the lower-spec instrument cluster with the smaller digital display and analog fuel consumption.

The 12V outlet is attributed to differences in option; your friend probably has the Storage package bundled in somewhere and hence the additional outlet. There is probably one underneath the centre armrest.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: X3 F25 20d (2011)
Same problem as @greengoose , I just received my new X3 2.0d and has no "Efficient Dynamic" display on board as advertised in catalog (printed in Germany in 2010). I'm very upset abut this... It seems that in catalog printed in 2011, the default board was changed and indeed, the "Efficient Dynamic" digital display was replaced with an analog instant consumption. The old display may be only available with Professional Navi as @AzNMpower32 said but no mention about that in the new catalogue.

This is the 2011 catalogue: http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...?download=true

and the 2010 one:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...70&postcount=3
(see page 31).

What can I do now? I receive the catalogue from dealer just before I ordered the car...
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
There will be some fine print somewhere in the catalogue absolving BMW of any changes that might be made or features added/deleted. Something on the order of "features shown are subject to change". You are SOOL I am afraid.

Last edited by UncleJ; 10-30-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
There will be some fine print somewhere in the catalogue absolving BMW of any changes that might be made or features added/deleted.
I don't mind if new features are added

Fine print exists, of course, but in this case they removed a feature that was intense advertised. It still appears on all BMW websites (screenshot below). On the other hand, there's no mention in the 2011 brochure that you get this display if you buy Navigation Pro (because in this case, maybe I would spend extra 2450 eur + VAT).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	299089  
Old 10-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

The change has always been noted on the BMW.de Konfigurator, so it's not like they completely intended to cheat you.

Really, the energy control gauge functions the same with either display. It's just the digital one shows the graphic display of the Brake Energy Regeneration, and more importantly, more info related to the expanded Check Control.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
The change has always been noted on the BMW.de Konfigurator, so it's not like they completely intended to cheat you.

Really, the energy control gauge functions the same with either display. It's just the digital one shows the graphic display of the Brake Energy Regeneration, and more importantly, more info related to the expanded Check Control.
Where exactly is noted? Now I can see when I zoom in the cockpit that indeed, there is a difference between with/whithout Navi but in my opinion is very hard to see. If you click info in .de config for Navi (code 609) there's no mention about the change in display (as far as I understand using Google Translate).

As for "Check Control", [1CD] Brake Energy Regeneration - info from configurator display attached image in a pop-up. Unfortunately cannot find it on my on-board computer (maybe you can help me find it?) That makes me believe that Brake Energy Regeneration / EfficientDynamic is not present at all.

Thanks for help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	299112  
Old 10-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

I don't think I've ever seen the iDrive picture you attached. It may be pictured that way for informational and marketing purposes on the website only. I seriously doubt BMW would allow that function in iDrive in actual cars. This isn't a hybrid.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
It may be pictured that way for informational and marketing purposes on the website only. This isn't a hybrid.
Marketing pictures in car configurator? I'm really disappointing about how BMW treat their customers with misleading info.

[BTW, printed owner's manual is a mix of features from all possible configurations but without mention that. VW manual for example is a collection of pages but it contains only relevant information - and when that was not possible, they mention the model. In my opinion BMW thinks that all their clients should buy only the full-options model]
Old 10-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

In an effort to cut costs and because Americans don't really care as much, the US hasn't gotten printed catalogues since.....well, 2 or 3 years ago. The BMW USA website is a hodgepodge of inaccurate or misleading information and the configurator is a joke.

I think the BMW DE website is terrific but one should never bank on pictures. Best to ask around on forums (like this), or even better, get a copy of the owner's manual. I got my hands on a PDF of the X3 owner's manual right when it came out so I learned something when there were two specs of instrument clusters depicted on the first few pages.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM

Thanks, @AzNMpower32