Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Going to take delivery on 28i today!

The weather here in the Washington DC area is pretty miserable today, but my day was made brighter when I received a call letting me know that my 28i was at the dealership and being prepped for delivery! I will be out there late this afternoon to pick it up!

Not the street machine that a lot of you posters have or are purchasing, and a little stripped down in comparison to others (28i, Premium Package, heated front seats, satellite radio, Xenon headights, BMW Assist/Bluetooth/USB), but it will more than suit my needs. Vermillion Red Metallic/Oyster Leather/Fineline Wave wood trim.
Ads by Google
Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: ford explorer
very nice combo. it is very messy weather here today. did you have a good buying experience with your dealer/CA? we are looking at the 28i also in red. maybe with the chestnut.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Congrats SoxFan! My X3 is now in the "Finishing Touches" stage! It just got updated today. How long was yours at that stage before it went to your dealer?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Amazingly enough, the website it is still showing the "Finishing Touches" stage, even though I have already put about 30 miles on it since closing the deal early this evening. Apparently, it is not quite as accurate or precise as UPS or FedEx package tracking.

The BMWNA website put it into "Finishing Touches" sometime on Thursday, and my sales rep called me this morning to report that it had come in on a truck early this morning. I am in the Virginia suburbs of DC, so the transport time from Spartanburg to here is on the order of an overnight trip. So, for me,, the time between "Finishing Touches" on the website and delivery to me was 48 hours plus or minus. Thank god I got my financing in order this past week!

I did not discern any rush preparation at the dealer, although I am sure that they wanted to get the car delivered by the end of the month. The car seemed ready to go. Maybe I will find some evidence of a rushed delivery, but so far I am very pleased with the process, and the first 30 miles have been fun!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Now you will even get a chance to try it out in the snow too! Enjoy the new ride.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X3
That sounds really nice! Congrats

Be sure to post some pictures when that weather clears up