Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 - 520iA - 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets2010 View Post
I don't get any emails on my office only text messages and that is sporadic. Anyone know how to fix that, BB 9900
Have you downloaded the app "Bluetooth Calendar Sync" from the BB App Market?

Email:
From BMW:

f the message "Content protection is enable" is displayed in the car instead of an E-Mail, then the encryption ("Content Protection") is avoiding the data transfer to the car. After entering the password on the mobile phone, it is unlocked and data is right transmitted.
A permanent workaround is to set the encryption options on the mobile phone as follows:
Menu -> Security Options -> Encryption: “disabled”.
If the settings can not not be changed the administrator of the BlackBerry E-mail Server is to be contacted.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddimit View Post
I have had intermittent luck getting it to work with my DroidX then then only the Text messages
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrown1003 View Post
Anybody been successful with a Droid? Mine worked -- ONCE. (It's a Droid X on Verizon.) When I go to Office > Messages, I'm still seeing emails from early September that I've long since deleted, and nothing new shows up.
That's interesting...I was not aware that the Droid X has the Message Access Profile (MAP). The Motorola Mobility site itself lists the Droid X as not having MAP but every other Droid users forum site does.

According to some Ford Sync users the Droid X has a setting in the Text Messages menu that enables and disables the message "pull" from other devices. I think that your common problem is related to that selection as both show that your messages in fact were pulled at least once and then the pulling stopped/was dropped somehow by the OEM Bluetooth module (Combox).

I would say, delete the phone from your paired list in your cars, look for that text message menu in your Droid X and make sure that whatever menu selection is to transfer/"pull" messages from your phone is enabled and then pair them again in that specific order. That could force the pairing to contain the MAP enabling and hopefully to keep it in memory.

Most probably this is one of those subtle incompatibilities in the MAP implementation of the Droid X with the MAP implementation of your Combox module. Or if your mail/text accounts are corporate then the "pulling" was eventually disabled by your company as a security measure and cannot be enabled by the user at all after that.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550xi M Sport
I did download it, still doesn't work all that shows is my contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
Have you downloaded the app "Bluetooth Calendar Sync" from the BB App Market?

Email:
From BMW:

f the message "Content protection is enable" is displayed in the car instead of an E-Mail, then the encryption ("Content Protection") is avoiding the data transfer to the car. After entering the password on the mobile phone, it is unlocked and data is right transmitted.
A permanent workaround is to set the encryption options on the mobile phone as follows:
Menu -> Security Options -> Encryption: “disabled”.
If the settings can not not be changed the administrator of the BlackBerry E-mail Server is to be contacted.