Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i
New SIXER is mine .. But watch out

Hello everyone

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions which made my life easy when I purchased my new 2012 650i and I thought I want to give a feedback about my experience

The car is just one of a kind with an unbeatable performance. I drove out of the lot with a one of a kind feeling and satisfaction! a sweet ride and the best deal I got on a bimmer ever. I've been driving 7 series all my life but decided to switch

BUT ...

The car was flawless until the second day! Bummer

The siren died and noticed something funny with the headrests! the driver headrest stopped working then the next day it was fine but the passenger headrest stopped! Took it to the dealer and they kept it overnight and give it to me all good saying that it was in "transport mode" ... As I drove home the problem happened again!!!

Took it back and they fixed the issue saying the transport mode came back!! Then as I hit drive in the dealership, the problem started again and they are out of options!!

The car is still 10 days old and spent 2 overnights at the dealership with no solution! I am afraid its a major programming defect that I have to live with again like my previous 745li

Watch out guys and get your car checked for this issue.. Its not mechanical but a software issue that might bit back in the future

Wish me luck please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bimmer.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	300919  
Ads by Google
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
First- Welcome to the 'fest!
Second - your car is beautiful.
Third - sounds like you should be having a conversation with someone to address this beyond that of the service manager.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 11-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by naifitto View Post
Hello everyone

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions which made my life easy when I purchased my new 2012 650i and I thought I want to give a feedback about my experience

The car is just one of a kind with an unbeatable performance. I drove out of the lot with a one of a kind feeling and satisfaction! a sweet ride and the best deal I got on a bimmer ever. I've been driving 7 series all my life but decided to switch

BUT ...

The car was flawless until the second day! Bummer

The siren died and noticed something funny with the headrests! the driver headrest stopped working then the next day it was fine but the passenger headrest stopped! Took it to the dealer and they kept it overnight and give it to me all good saying that it was in "transport mode" ... As I drove home the problem happened again!!!

Took it back and they fixed the issue saying the transport mode came back!! Then as I hit drive in the dealership, the problem started again and they are out of options!!

The car is still 10 days old and spent 2 overnights at the dealership with no solution! I am afraid its a major programming defect that I have to live with again like my previous 745li

Watch out guys and get your car checked for this issue.. Its not mechanical but a software issue that might bit back in the future

Wish me luck please
It really is likely a programming issue. They may need to reprogram the entire car. i experienced "transport mode" issues with my former GT. With that car I lost all sound - no radio, no seat belt chime, no nav voice. Apparently all audio and warning chimes are all fed through the vehicle amplifier.

They should be able to remedy the issue.

Best of luck.

BTW: If it keeps happening I suspect they may escalate the issue and open a PUMA case with BMW NA, which involves the rep assigned to your dealership as well as BMW engineers.
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Sorry to hear about your issue, hopefully the dealer will get you fixed up in no time.

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Thanks for all you for your support and you all have some sweet rides

JUST TO GIVE YOU HEADS UP! The dealer was nice enough to deliver a 650i to my drive way and took my car. BUT THE STRANGE THING was the headrest in the loaner does not work as well!!! This is really strange!

still wishing its nothing major
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Pardon my curiosity, but what is it about the headrest that's not working?

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslierc View Post
Pardon my curiosity, but what is it about the headrest that's not working?
Its stuck and does not go up or down .. The first time it happened, the problem kept moving from one side to another. One day the passenger side is bad and driver side is fine and vise versa! Two attempts to fix the problem failed and the car is the shop now till further notice

As I mentioned the problem appeared in the loaner as well ..
Old 11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
...how often do you need to adjust the headrest?

GGC BMW CCA #443004
Join the BMW CCA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Jared, why don't you just put "It's Giubo" in your sig? Save a lot of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36 miguel View Post
this jared guy sounds intimidating lol.
2005 X5 4.8is Le Mans/Black/6spd Steptragic
1999 M3 Cabrio TiAg Metallic/Dove Grey/Black 5 Speed Manual
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1997 328iC Schwarz II/K/K 5MT SOLD 5/2012
2004 645Ci Mineral Silver Metallic/Black 6MT RIP 04/2011
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM

I'll let you know when it starts working lol

Seriously man a car worth over 100k should be flawless And worry free
Old 11-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Your headrest is not working? That's just odd. Where the seat backs locked? Only issue I experienced thus far is my rear view camera door - went on the brink (wouldn't open automatically) for a few hours. Now it has corrected itself. I did have my SA order another rear roundel housing, but since it appears to be working fine now - i'm not going to let them bother with it. You know the saying if it "aint broke don't fix it".. I have come to learn over the years that all Bimmer's have their nuances some work themselves out others require a hard fix.
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)