Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW 760Li BMW X5 4.8iS
Here is another one....when you park your car at night, move your indicator stalk to the direction the the road is and it will turn on your parking lights only on that side. For example, if the road side is to your left, put indicator stalk in left turn position and only the parking lights for the left side come on......same for the right side.......
Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW745On19's View Post
if you dont push the key fob all the way into the ignition and it slips and pops out, it will still start. its happened to me a few times and happens when you push it in at an angle. its like ghetto comfort access.

there is a hidden change compartment in the front of the center console wall. the cd holder in the center pops out and adds extra space in there.

you can make the cd changer flap go up and down by pressing the eject button 2 times quickly in succession and the cd changer wont pop out.

the books to the car (case and all) fit nicely into the rear arm rest.

if you want all the sunshades to pop up just hold the front driver sunshade button for a 3 seconds and they all pop up or down.

if you hold both turn signal stalk buttons in for about 10 seconds, the gas and mpg meter disappear and make it nice and clean all black gauges.

in the trunk where the tools are, there is a place for the valet fob to be put underneath the wrenches.

if you enable DTC button in the Settings menu, you can do a burn out but you can't get the car sideways and it won't take away your power when you need to get going quickly.

you owe me some free lunches.
Where is sunshade button? I have 02 745i.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
the cd holder in the center console can be removed by grabbing the top and pushing it to the left. it should angle out like this \ then u can pick it up to remove it.
What is that CD holder do anyway? What is its purpose?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: 05 745i
Cool Dude needs to chill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer1904 View Post
lol....my bad, i read the message jkb posted and it doesnt say anything about the parking brake ....i need to get back on the hooked on phonics program and stop the hooked on chronic.
I say go chronic and relax...
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Mein Auto: 05 745i
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
is the gas light on when the tank is full? if it is it may be a bad sensor or something

no you cant play dvd's in the navi drive. you need the navtv kit.
Where can we get the nav/tv kit
Old 05-22-2014, 04:35 AM
MuziqIzMe3

Mein Auto: BMW 745Li 2005
GENERATOR FAULT? Bad alternator??? Anyone? 2005 745Li...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app