Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 545
Sports Seats or Comfort Seats

I am finalizing what I want for my 2012 535xi. My current car is a 2005 545. My wife has complained about the seat comfort with the standard seats that came with my current car. For my 2012, I like the sport seats and package but am concerned that the seats will even be less comfortable for longer trips. Comfort seating is the standard. I am trying to decide which seats are best for long trips.

Last edited by willbedone; 11-24-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-24-2011, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: Yes
We have the multi-contour seats as part of the sports package. Having driven 3500 miles in the US and on our ED, I think the seats are very comfortable and supportive. I prefer a slightly firmer seat for long trips, the too-soft ones seem to mess with my hips and back. There are two memory settings, so his and hers is possible.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience with the sports package seating. These are the ones that I prefer without having tried them for an extended period of time. So this helps.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
There's about one thousand threads out there about comfort seats (multi contour seats) vs Sport seats, so you may want to run a search. They're basically all the same across the cars. Sports are stiffer, and nice. A nice upgrade to the standard seats. Comfort seats are amazing, got them on my X5, after owning two X5's with sports seats. What a difference. it was a no-brainier option when I ordered the GT. IMO they're a must. the ability to move the upper part of the seat back is great, also allows you to regulate seat bolstering.

I found them very comfortable in the GT, even after 8 hours of driving. I used to adjust the seat every 2/3 hours on my x5 with sports seats before.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: 550iX GT
The multi contour seats in my 550iX are the most comfortable seats I have experienced. The adjustments are go beyond anything I have had in past cars. You can adjust the seat width as well as the top half of the seat making for an almost glove fit.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks for your experience with the multi-contour seats. Sounds like you are very happy with them. I will go this way also since I can get them to fit precisely with all the adjustments. Also, get the same for my wife's seat and put the settings in memory.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Btw with the comfort seats you get two memory settings on each front seat (both, driver and passenger).
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: TBD
The MC seats are great! It would be an error to think that these are more luxury-focused seats, in fact the side support (adjustable) and leg support is better than my sport seats in my previous 335 convertible. It's great to have a more comfortable seat while still giving really sporty support.

I believe the version of these seats in the GT (20-way adjustable) is not available elsewhere on the 5-series line-up, so it would be a missed opportunity to get them! I'm so happy I did, I've been driving a loaner car without them and they are sorely missed.