Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 07-17-2011, 02:36 AM

Mein Auto: M3 Convertable 08
Estimate the M5 Lease at launch

I took a look at the price differential for the UK M3 Conv, X5M and X6M as well at the M5 launch price there and worked it back to the US PRICE OF JUST SHY OF $90,000

So making the assumption of $90k MRSP can you assume the rate will be better than a 6 series Convertible?

So $5k down and $1200 a month. If so how much better M3 better?

I know its a little like guessing, but waiting for the M5 vs buying a 550 Xi fully loaded is about $300 a month difference and probably worth it, if its $1600 a month, then it gets a little beyond this.

Thoughts? Or best guesses are appreciated
Ads by Google
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Stuart,

I've been making the same comparison (though I'm also considering traditional buy in addition to lease) attempting to theorize the cost/benefit analysis.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi M Sport
Is your $90k MSRP guesstimate stripped down or with some luxuries?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Stripped down. However I beleive the spec will be pretty rich without. From what I see from the German Kit list, 20 Inch Allows, Fine Leather, Night Vision, Lumbar on seat M Seat backrests, Comfort Access, 10 Inch LCD vs 7 Inch, USB and Business Prep for Cell phone are the only additions.

The comfort access is the only one I would choose,

Would like the 20 Inch, Blue Tooth and 10 Inch LCD. However I got to beleive the US version would have Blue tooth, USB thrown in.

If you look at the 6 Series convertable the options list is very small, gota beleive the M5 will be the same.

Spoke to the dealer today, and they said take a look at the E63 AMG should be priced and residual close or better, which I looked up and was 58% and $87,600. He said that +/- 10% from the 650 Convertible lease would make sense.

I have a lease due up in December and BMW FS said if I have a hard order for a vehical within 2 months, they will extend the lease at current lease rate for up to 6 months to wait for the new car, excited that the peices are coming together. Just want to try and estimate no crazy lease cost surprises. Also he said you can put a deposit down, although he said that September is likely when the interest will hot up.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F10 528i 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartlogan77 View Post

The comfort access is the only one I would choose,
Don't both with comfort access .. It is probably the most useless option for the new F10. Since the car starts without putting the fob in any slot ( can be in your pocket).. Thenonly thing the comfort access gives you is the door unlock. Most people I know here just reach into their pocket and press unlock.. Jump in and hit start button. I'd rather pony up for a better sound system or anything else.. My 2 cents
Bmw 318i e90 2007 (3 months, we parted ways)
Bmw 320i e46 2004
Bmw 328i e36 1994
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Understand your opinion, im not an audiophile so your comment 'why bother' resonates with the upgraded audio system, but I guess thats why they have options.

All I will say its not a feature I wanted, but I have on my M3. Its the one that I would get again, in the M5 it opens all the doors, and has a feature if you move your foot under the rear bumper in a certain way with your hands full, it opens without touching a button, lazy but convenient.

Last edited by stuartlogan77; 11-30-2011 at 01:31 PM.