BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

do I have remote locks or alarm, 02 Z3M

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  E36ic4me 
#1 ·
just purchased 2002 Zm roadster with only 36,000 km. It came with 3 keys ,1 with light, 1 grey and 1 plastic. From what I can source on here my new car should have a alarm and remote locking. I have no idea how to tell if it does can anyone advise me how to tell.

#2 ·
It was not standard equipment on the M versions, only the Z3 (and 3, 5, 6 & 7 Series).

It was very common to fit a dealer sourced alarm kit with a remote arming/locking fob; both of my cars have it, and I've seen it on numerous others. I think it's still an available accessory.

For the record, the car was supplied with four (4) keys; the ones you mention, plus a non-lighted master key. The gray key is for valet use; it doesn't unlock the glovebox or trunk.

Congratulations on the car, I love mine (took delivery 8/30/2001)!

#3 ·
I love the ZM as well, have put 4000 km on it in 3 weeks almost twice the milage the previous owner would put on in a year. I also have a 1990 325i that is just getting wet sanded after paint , we have been doing the body work for 2 years , boy are we slow. antena,front and rear roundel and rear door handle shave. every bit of rust cut out and new metal welded in. Swartz and orange gost pearl in the clear, now the fun to try to put it back together after 2 years
How do I find out about the factory alarm , remote lock feature you talk of , Try'd search and only found info on z4
Thanks
Dave

#5 ·
Remote Locking / keyless entry was not standard on any Z3 or M. It was optional on all of the above. If your car is equipped with a factory system, you will have a red LED on either the center console (near the AC switch) or a red LED between the seats, at the rear of the console. You will also have an OEM BMW Siren in the engine compartment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.