Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 3 Series M3
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnbmw View Post
I think we should start a Wish List for the 2013 F30 model since it will be available around June 2012. I will wait for the 2013 to do ED in the summer and to hope that BMW will change the following:
1. Change the Kidney Grill to not touch the headlights
2. Change the Navigation from a square "pop-up look" back to a Hump.
That's it for me
+1 and I would ADD ...fix that abysmal HOOD LINE
Old 12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadyCool View Post
Customers in germany have a program called BMW individual where they can pikn literally anything from stitching to 2 tone exterior paint
US customers also.

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rob530i View Post
Why can't BMW just go back to simple engineering? M54 engine, simple engineering compared to N52/54/55 motors. Where is the option for idrive delete? Damn aluminum suspension tension rods and other aluminum suspension components, go back to something that doesn't require replacements every 100k miles or make it out of titanium if you want the lightest and smallest suspension components, or at least make them beefier/bigger out of aluminum so they last longer. Electronic water pump? I'd rather have a mechanical belt driven water pump, so what if I get 1mpg less, won't mean spending $600 for a new water pump when it goes bad. What happened to the door mounted hvac vents like the E34/E39, go back to that design. The car was designed for smokers in mind, door mounted hvac vents is brilliant where you can have the windows slightly open with the heat on full blast while driving in cold weather and your hands would be kept warm by those door vents. What happened to only using forced induction on diesels? What happened to manual only on M cars, and only naturally aspirated high revving motors? I don't want the whole front fascia of my car to be one cheap plastic piece (thanks BANGLE) same with the rear of my car, I prefer having a real bumper on both sides of my car along with a grille integrated into the hood, not the cheap grille front fascia crap.

Also thanks for cutting costs on a seal for my torque converter guaranteeing it goes bad, yes we know BMW's should only be manual, and how much you used to hate automatics (ironic that most automatic BMW's were for American market during pre-Bangle/idrive era). Complete 180 from the BMW I used to know, who hated automatics, didn't care about stuffing all sorts of technology into their cars like Mercedes or Lexus/Acura, didn't care that their cars were too small for American tastes, didn't care that Americans who couldn't drive a stick didn't buy their M cars because they weren't the types of drivers meant for an M car or a real BMW anyway.
I feel your pain...
however, sad as it may be to us enthusiasts...
BMW:
#1. Wants only to sell$$$ cars.
#2.Is not interested in building "classics".
#3. Is not even interested in their own legacy/heritage, not even "M".
#4. Has become a follower, instead of a leader.
#5.Doesn't give a rats a$$ about your repair $'s(in fact, engineers cars & parts to fail)
Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rob530i View Post
Why can't BMW just go back to simple engineering? M54 engine, simple engineering compared to N52/54/55 motors. Where is the option for idrive delete? Damn aluminum suspension tension rods and other aluminum suspension components, go back to something that doesn't require replacements every 100k miles or make it out of titanium if you want the lightest and smallest suspension components, or at least make them beefier/bigger out of aluminum so they last longer. Electronic water pump? I'd rather have a mechanical belt driven water pump, so what if I get 1mpg less, won't mean spending $600 for a new water pump when it goes bad. What happened to the door mounted hvac vents like the E34/E39, go back to that design. The car was designed for smokers in mind, door mounted hvac vents is brilliant where you can have the windows slightly open with the heat on full blast while driving in cold weather and your hands would be kept warm by those door vents. What happened to only using forced induction on diesels? What happened to manual only on M cars, and only naturally aspirated high revving motors? I don't want the whole front fascia of my car to be one cheap plastic piece (thanks BANGLE) same with the rear of my car, I prefer having a real bumper on both sides of my car along with a grille integrated into the hood, not the cheap grille front fascia crap.

Also thanks for cutting costs on a seal for my torque converter guaranteeing it goes bad, yes we know BMW's should only be manual, and how much you used to hate automatics (ironic that most automatic BMW's were for American market during pre-Bangle/idrive era). Complete 180 from the BMW I used to know, who hated automatics, didn't care about stuffing all sorts of technology into their cars like Mercedes or Lexus/Acura, didn't care that their cars were too small for American tastes, didn't care that Americans who couldn't drive a stick didn't buy their M cars because they weren't the types of drivers meant for an M car or a real BMW anyway.
Looks as if you've identified a great business opportunity for yourself to open a car company with an emphasis on avoiding all you find wrong with today's BMW.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Way to much bitching in this thread lol
Old 12-09-2011, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: '14 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Looks as if you've identified a great business opportunity for yourself to open a car company with an emphasis on avoiding all you find wrong with today's BMW.
If BMW followed his advice they would no longer be in business. So I'm glad they didn't and instead evolved with the times and remain a powerhouse of an independent car company.

09.16.13 European Delivery

Past:
2011 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)
2010 135i Vert 6MT (ED)
2007 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)

2006 325i Sedan 6MT
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16n69 View Post
+1 and I would ADD ...fix that abysmal HOOD LINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16n69 View Post
I feel your pain...
however, sad as it may be to us enthusiasts...
BMW:
#1. Wants only to sell$$$ cars.
#2.Is not interested in building "classics".
#3. Is not even interested in their own legacy/heritage, not even "M".
#4. Has become a follower, instead of a leader.
#5.Doesn't give a rats a$$ about your repair $'s(in fact, engineers cars & parts to fail)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
If BMW followed his advice they would no longer be in business. So I'm glad they didn't and instead evolved with the times and remain a powerhouse of an independent car company.
We're looking for investers to start Working Mans Bimmer (WMB)
...a REAL car company, for enthusiasts-by enthusiasts