Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008+)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008+)
The latest and greatest V8 powered M3!

Old 12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 3 Series M3
Question Next M3 & HPFP?

I thought that BMW would have , by now, resolved the HPFP issues?
But many are saying otherwise.
So does this drama continue to the "F" series?
With all this Hi-tech ability they have, why can't the get this right
Never mattered much to me, as I own a 2002 325i and 2011 M3, both having those wonderful NA engines that used to be BMW.

No more, now we are stuck with ALL F.I., no "choice" any longer?
I might like to get the F80 M3 when it is released...ANYONE out there think, by then, the HPFP issues may be resolved once for all?
How hard can this be?

I am not a tech wizard or automotive "rocket scientist" like some of you out there...
...( i mean that in a positive complimentary way), but some of you understand this problem much better than most of us, and the REASON, I am posting in the M3 forum is that some of you are previous 335i (135i & Z4 35i) owners and have had to deal with this.
Now, we M3 enthusiasts will have to deal with it too, if we move on to the F8x.

What do you think?
Ads by Google
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Wow, that hadn't even occurred to me that there would be ZERO NA engines in the BMW car lineup. Yuk.
I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 AM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
Wow, that hadn't even occurred to me that there would be ZERO NA engines in the BMW car lineup. Yuk.
Just checked BMW USA Web site. 128 and X3 still have na engine available for 2012...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Bimmer
I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E92 335i
I suspect there may be failures and bugs.... but less and less over time. I'm avoiding the new M3 for at least the first few years.

- 2010 335i coupe (Monaco Blue, Cream Beige Leather, Gray Poplar, Sport package, etc.)
- 2013 M3 coupe on order (July production)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Haven't seen any complaints lately about the HPFP but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. BMW was hard at work trying to get a fix out(new HPFP's) after they did the 60 minutes segment on the HPFP problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 E92 AW M3
FYI, the High Pressure Fuel Pumps are only required on direct injection engines, not necessarily turbo engines. Somewhat semantics since all the new turbo engines I've seen coming from BMW are direct injection. Besides the HPFP issues, there are also lots of reports of having to clean out ports on an interval to maintain power which is another concern with direct injection.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperSSD View Post
FYI, the High Pressure Fuel Pumps are only required on direct injection engines, not necessarily turbo engines. Somewhat semantics since all the new turbo engines I've seen coming from BMW are direct injection. Besides the HPFP issues, there are also lots of reports of having to clean out ports on an interval to maintain power which is another concern with direct injection.
Think we are likely to see nothing but direct injection + FI from all automakers before long. Atleast until the end of the internal combustion era.

http://nyccarblog.blogspot.com/