Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Leather is included as part of the Sport Line package. Thus it is no longer part of the Premium Package. Which is why the price for the Premium Package is $1,730 and includes only the three items listed. Which mean those three items, grouped under the Premium Package heading, cost $1,730. Which makes this variant of the Premium Package a poor value.

Comfort Access used to be a $500 standalone option. Subtract that out and he's paying $1,230 for auto dimming mirrors and the garage door opener. A really poor value, IMO. The only thing that would make it a better value is if the price of CA increased. Even at $1,000 for CA $730 seems a lot to pay for auto dimming mirrors and the garage door opener.
Dude! Don't be coming on here arguing and spreading incorrect information if you can't check the ordering and pricing guides and get your facts right!

Leather is NOT included as part of the Sports Line (or as standard on the 335i). The are some leather options that are available only with the Sports Line, but the cost of the leather is NOT included. In order to get leather, you either have to pay the $1,450 (MSRP) for Leather or you have to get the Premium Package!

RTFM (or Ordering Guide, in this case)!!! Attached, for your convenience...

Not to mention, that I'VE ORDERED THE DAMN THING!!! Don't you think I know what I've paid for and why I chose those options???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2012-3-series-f30-order-guide.pdf (649.6 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by SoonerJohn; 12-03-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Edit: You changed your incorrect information from Sport Line to also incorrect about 335i, so I've updated my corrections
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJohn View Post
Dude! Don't be coming on here arguing and spreading incorrect information if you can't check the ordering and pricing guides and get your facts right!

Leather is NOT included as part of the Sports Line. The are some leather options that are available only with the Sports Line, but the cost of the leather is NOT included. In order to get leather, you either have to pay the $1,450 (MSRP) for Leather or you have to get the Premium Package!

RTFM (or Ordering Guide, in this case)!!! Attached, for your convenience...

Not to mention, that I'VE ORDERED THE DAMN THING!!! Don't you think I know what I've paid for and why I chose those options???
I may be incorrect about where the leather is included (I updated my post and changed it to the 335i but I'm not even sure of that). But it seems to have been included in something. If it's included in the Premium Package why isn't is broken out under the Premium Package heading instead of on a separate line itself with the "N/C" label? That would lead a normal person to believe leather is not part of the package but a standard part of the particular vehicle he chose (because package contents and pricing can vary depending on other options selected).
Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i Sedan (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
I may be incorrect about where the leather is included (I updated my post and changed it to the 335i but I'm not even sure of that). But it seems to have been included in something. If it's included in the Premium Package why isn't is broken out under the Premium Package heading instead of on a separate line itself with the "N/C" label? That would lead a normal person to believe leather is not part of the package but a standard part of the particular vehicle he chose (because package contents and pricing can vary depending on other options selected).
I can't say exactly why they show the printout they way it is shown - I can only assume it is because it is typical to show the upholstry option near the top of the list regardless of what option is chosen. I agree that it's confusing the way it's listed, but the fact remains that leather is still an option on ALL 3 series models. (Although it is a required option if getting the Modern or Luxury package because those packages require the Premium Package, which includes leather.)

Here's a link to a post on Bimmerpost that has actual scans of the pricing guide. http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612580 You can see several places on it where leather is addressed:
  • Part way down under "Packages - Overview", it list "ZPP - Premium Package incl Leather"
  • Where it's listing the components of the Sport Line, it says "or ... Leather ... +1,450"
  • In the Package Details section, under the ZPP - Premium Package, it lists "LC - Leather Dakota" and shows it as included in the package for both the 328i and the 335i

Sorry if I overreacted a bit ago, but I just don't want this discussion to confuse others. Well, and I must admit that I had a big of a visceral reaction to being told I was an idiot for selecting the Premium Package

Last edited by SoonerJohn; 12-03-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Oops - forgot the link initially - added now...
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
I can't say exactly why they show the printout they way it is shown - I can only assume it is because it is typical to show the upholstry option near the top of the list regardless of what option is chosen. I agree that it's confusing the way it's listed, but the fact remains that leather is still an option on ALL 3 series models. (Although it is a required option if getting the Modern or Luxury package because those packages require the Premium Package, which includes leather.)

Here's a link to a post on Bimmerpost that has actual scans of the pricing guide. http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612580 You can see several places on it where leather is addressed:
  • Part way down under "Packages - Overview", it list "ZPP - Premium Package incl Leather"
  • Where it's listing the components of the Sport Line, it says "or ... Leather ... +1,450"
  • In the Package Details section, under the ZPP - Premium Package, it lists "LC - Leather Dakota" and shows it as included in the package for both the 328i and the 335i

Sorry if I overreacted a bit ago, but I just don't want this discussion to confuse others. Well, and I must admit that I had a big of a visceral reaction to being told I was an idiot for selecting the Premium Package
No where did I say or imply you were an idiot for selecting the Premium Package. I merely said, and this is a complete quote of my post:

"$1,730 seems like an awful lot for the Premium Package given what you get with it. "

Nor can I find any in subsequent posts. I merely stated that, given the three items listed underneath the Premium Package heading, it was an awful lot to pay for those items. That doesn't mean anyone is an idiot for choosing them but rather it didn't seem like a good value. But people, myself included, buy things with consideration other than value in mind. That doesn't make us idiots.

With that said if the leather is part of the Premium Package and not included with some other option you chose then it is a much better value.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: E46 330i
delete

Last edited by pcbrew; 12-03-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: delete
Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degreeman View Post
Here is mine:
If 6NL (BMW assist with enhanced bluetooth) is not ordered, is standard Assist included and what is "enhanced" vs normal bluetooth?
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerWil View Post
If 6NL (BMW assist with enhanced bluetooth) is not ordered, is standard Assist included and what is "enhanced" vs normal bluetooth?
Assist is not included, enhanced is audio, standard is just phone
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
Just realized that the technology package is not required to add enhanced bluetooth. This is great new for me as I do not need navigation.

I wonder how the 6" idrive screen looks unlike the 8" screen from the tech package

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)
Old 12-10-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
Just realized that the technology package is not required to add enhanced bluetooth. This is great new for me as I do not need navigation.

I wonder how the 6" idrive screen looks unlike the 8" screen from the tech package
IM sure the 6" will be fine...i just hope the resolution is the same as the 8.5"
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 328i
My 2012 BMW 328i is now on order.

Imperial Blue
Modern Line (Oyster Leather, Textured Wood Trim, Turbine Wheels)
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Steptronic Transmission
Xenon Headlights

No date yet for delivery, but the order is visible on "My BMW".
Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Nice, i really wish i could get the xenons

I got ZPS too!! i hope it sounds awesome....looks like each rear door will have 2 speakers.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus RX 350
Leather is not standard

Leather is NOT standard with the 335. Leatherette is standard. If leather were the standard there would not be a LC Leather Dakota option available for the 334 at $1,450. I think you may be confused with the moon roof. This is standard with the 335 but part of the Premium package with the 328 and hence why there is a significant difference in the price charged for the Premium package between the two.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Finally got time to sanitize this so I can post it. Vehicle Inquiry Report showing my F30 order. Loaded 335i in Mineral Grey with Sport Line, all the packages, and a few other options...

Scheduled for ED on March 1. Now I have almost 3 months of waiting

Nice car! Thanks for posting your actual config -- it verifies that the bmwconfig.com ED prices are largely correct.

I, too, am close to my 2nd ED order, for a non-"line" 335i. I've been finding dealers are willing to take an order for ED invoice plus $750 (and their stinkin' "fees").

Say, can your dealer confirm whether or not ZPP adds power folding side mirrors to the 335i?

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:47 AM

Mein Auto: honda civic
Hello all, i'm new in this forum, this is my first post and just ordered my first BMW. My saleperson said that the vin# will be available late Feb, production starts first week of March(due to my color choice mineral white), and delivery date is mid-April(6-8 weeks delivery).

MODEL 335I SEDAN 2012 123Q 37,400.00
Burled Walnut Trim w/ Inlay 4B8 0.00
DOORS 4 TRANSMISSION Automatic 205 0.00
EXTERIOR Mineral White Metallic A96 550.00
UPHOLSTERY Dakota Saddle Brown LCLX 0.00
Luxury Line ZLL 1,400.00
Premium Package ZPP 1,900.00
Technology Package ZTP 2,550.00
Premium Sound ZPS 950.00
Variable Sport Steering 2VL 300.00
Heated Steering Wheel 2A4 190.00
Split Fold down rear 465 475.00
States Delivery (+ $750 Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico) 875.00
TOTAL DELIVERY PRICE 46,590.00

v/r,

RJ

Last edited by RJCrew; 12-15-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
Unbelieveable that Xenons are still an option.

I wonder if full LED headlights will be available for the LCI.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d SG/Black
Put deposit down today on 335i, Mineral Grey, Black Leather, Walnut Inlay, Luxury Line, Premium, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Technology, Variable Sport Steering, Rear Window Shades, Rear View Camera, BMW Apps, BMW Assist. The dealer is giving me their January production slot so I'll have the car in mid to late February. $500 over invoice. Very pleased so far. Now I'm wondering what price I can get for my 09 335d???
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrasty View Post
My 2012 BMW 328i is now on order.

Imperial Blue
Modern Line (Oyster Leather, Textured Wood Trim, Turbine Wheels)
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Steptronic Transmission
Xenon Headlights

No date yet for delivery, but the order is visible on "My BMW".
"My BMW" now reports "Production Begins"! No date yet but dealer estimates mid-Feb delivery.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:34 AM

I think im the only person that got non xenons

I hope there is some type of aesthetic feature to the headlights...even the a4 non led has some yello bulb on them
Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 AM

Mein Auto: Mini
2012 328i
B39 - Mineral Grey Metallic
ZSL Sport Line
2A5 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 397
2VF Adaptive M Suspension
4AD Brushed Aluminum Trim
4DL High-gloss Black Trim Line
LCL4 Everest Grey Dakota Leather with Black highlight
ZPS Premium Sound Package
ZTP Technology Package