Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: BMW 760Li BMW X5 4.8iS
Reprogramming your MMI (front screen)

Hey all....

I have successfully worked out how to control and program all features of the MMI using the Dashsoft Tool v2.10 that I bought off eBay.

I can easily program my MMI to SHOW or to NOT SHOW virtually every aspect of the MMI.

So far I have found that most of the commands are written into command line 3002 of the MMI in ASCII code.

eg. if I change pos1: change 55 to 5F, the MMI will now show DVD and L7, pos2: change 0A to 2E and it shows front seat heating, pos4: change 8C to 49 and it will show Bluetooth, pos8: change 00 to D0 and it shows DTC, pos9: change 00 to 8F and it shows AUX, etc.....

I can control the MMI showing CDC, TV, DVD, AUX, CBS, OIL Level, BLUETOOTH, REAR MONITOR, DTC, EDC, DSC, Menu functions, Front Seat Heating Left and Right, L7, to name a few.

So if you have this tool, and you need to activate something, let me know and I will share the codes I have worked out so far to help you.

Ace

Last edited by AceFX; 01-04-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Ads by Google