Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

View Poll Results: Which Tire would you choose
Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position 0 0%
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 5 71.43%
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci Convertible
Recommendation on Tires?

I have a 645Ci Convert and I am switching tires this week because I damaged two of them and have to get a new set. Currently running OEM Potenza RFT hate them.

I am looking for some quick feedback from the 6-series audience out there on three types of tires that I am considering, all non-RFT.
1. The new Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position
2. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
3. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
I like the look of the Potenza S-04 Pole Position but there is very in the way of test reports or rating on it. I have had a number of people try to steer me to the A/S Plus but Im not sure it is as high performance as the others. I live in South Carolina where the weather is good 9 months of the year.

Anyone have experience with the above tires? Any words of wisdom or feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 AM

Mein Auto: E36 E39
tires

PS2s are on my M and my 5. Great tires. Only ones I buy now. Love the quiet, sticky performance feel I get with them. With only 5,000 miles on the 6 still have the OEM tires.
They suck! Michelin someday but with staggered 19s not looking forward to the price tag on those babies. Can't really attest to the total mileage numbers since that isn't really a big factor for me. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci Convertible
Yea, all the high performance that fit the 19" 6 series sport average around $400+ per tire installed. Some more some less. If you get them from BMW count on 20% more!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
The PS2 are the best all round performance tire I have ever tried. The new Pilot Super Sport and S-04 Pole Position are getting great reviews from what I've seen but because they are so new there is a limited amount of feedback available.

Considering where you live I would not bother installing all seasons. If you go for a full summer tire leave the 6er parked if it happens to snow.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci Convertible
Hankook is working great on my 05 645ci convertible
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
I had Michellin PS2's all the way around but the rears were worn down - replaced the two rear tires with the new Michellin Super Sports and so far they seem great.

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)