Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
Or unknowingly passing on lies
Correct. Although I find it exceedingly hard to believe an SA could be so completely ignorant or misinformed that he/she does not know the mileage policy of BMW NA. That would seem to be rather basic knowledge for an SA.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
I have dealt with some real bone head SAs across brands and some are really just too stupid to be doing the job.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
Should I spank him as well?

2010 Black 335D Sport/Premium, Michelin PSS 235/265
2000 Silver Z3 3.0i (Ret)
1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
1968 Black 1600 Coupe (Ret)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
Bring a paddle
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, FIAT 500 Abarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
Flyingman, you've mentioned spanking a few times lately. Do you have paddle shifters?
Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
hang up and drive!

Most certainly do, and I'll use them!

1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2011BMW 335d
Annual free maint vs mileage based free maint

1-4-13, my 335d is due for its annual free oil change maint nominally 15,000miles but my mileage is half that at 6,500, several dealers have argued that BMW NA will not reimburse them so don't want to honor the 50k 4 year free maint program. These dealer opinions are based on the opinion of a so called warranty clerk that who typically is some young female that rough tough mech types listen too. I have no such addictions to nor am I that easily led by the nose so its Been a real struggle to get the service that is due my 2011 BMW 335d. At this point I wish I never heard of bmw or been influenced to buy, by the free maint program...there is a real disconnect between BMW and its dealers and customers covering this program...Plus the lying going on at every level I.e. the sales manager of one big dealer told me his son has had no issue with his diesel and it has a similar mileage and time issue. Of course I mentioned maybe its the bosses son which generated his free service. I hinted around that I thought he was exaggerating beyond my capability of believing his story. I am so tired of sitting in a dealership manger office repeatedly asking them to show me in writing where the diesel is exempted from the free service under all circumstances, the gas engines do get the servive though... They tell me. my 335d is due for its annual maint but not enough mileage to qualify according to the dealers how is one suppose to plan to use exactly the mileage required at the exact time require. Finding more cooperative dealer seems at this point impossible. Needless to say every time I read on this blog of someone who had no trouble with getting this free service including the many posts that claim they also got additional services including free windshield wipers or free brake pads stretches the imaginations of skeptics like me, I don't get it what's to be gained by bragging of all free stuff you got from BMW when we all know or should know it a pack of lies. It's just sad. Americans forgot how to tell the truth at all levels..
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 AM

Mein Auto: 11 335d,08 K12GT,10 S1000
sorry you're having problems but having owned several BMWs over the last decade and a half, I have never had a problem getting the maint. done including things such as brake pads when needed without any cost to me. so either find a better dealer or sell your car and go to another brand but please dont call the rest of us liars just because you are having a bad experience.
08 WR250R
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcom View Post
I don't get it what's to be gained by bragging of all free stuff you got from BMW when we all know or should know it a pack of lies. It's just sad. Americans forgot how to tell the truth at all levels..
It is just sad you are incompetent to find a dealer who can work with you. And then you call us pack of lies.

335d Black Sapphire/Biege/Premium/Sport/Cold/Nav/CA/PDC/iPod

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 AM

I have had zero trouble getting my annual low mileage oil changes. But my cars computer had always said it was time for an oil change. I think in the past year they changed the length of time on oil changes. Meaning this month or next when I get around to pulling my car out of storage for its oil change that I thinking the computer will have a much later date than Jan-2014. Bottom line though if your car says it is time for an oil change then you need to find a different dealer but if your car is not saying time for an oil change then good luck with arguing with the dealerships. Also in the three years of ownership none of my oil changes had a 15k mile interval, I think it was 13k.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
+1! Weird-my SA was very happy to do the service at 750 miles out without even raising an eyebrow when the car was in for another matter (seat heater). Someone is blowing smoke methinks!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM

obvious troll
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
hang up and drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcom View Post
1-4-13, my 335d is due for its annual free oil change maint nominally 15,000miles but my mileage is half that at 6,500, several dealers have argued that BMW NA will not reimburse them so don't want to honor the 50k 4 year free maint program. These dealer opinions are based on the opinion of a so called warranty ....who had no trouble with getting this free service including the many posts that claim they also got additional services including free windshield wipers or free brake pads stretches the imaginations of skeptics like me, I don't get it what's to be gained by bragging of all free stuff you got from BMW when we all know or should know it a pack of lies. It's just sad. Americans forgot how to tell the truth at all levels..
Uh, maybe they are just telling the truth???

Let's see, I have 48,500 miles on my 2010 and to the best of my recollection I have yet to pay for anything related to maintenance of my 335D. All scheduled oil services, DEF refills, including a premature fill, new wiper blades, replaced one burned out turn signal and one fog light. Don't think my brake pads have reached wear limit yet. Have had several visits to address SES lights. They even replaced a wheel bearing free of charge after I struck a curb with my right rear wheel. They did charge to straighten out my wheel though.

Of course maybe I'm just making this all up!

Actually, I think they did change their policy on the annual oil change, it is now every 2 years or 13k miles (not 15k).

1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)

Last edited by Flyingman; 01-08-2013 at 03:07 PM.