Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 730D
I will try that next time I'm out, but I am not optimistic.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 750i
Been using it now for a few days. It works so well. And the iOS integration that BMW is great. It plays any video your iPhone can play. I've gotten Netflix, SlingPlayer, TED talks all playing on the screen.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Not tried an iPhone movie, but can confirm the cameras do NOT work whilst in motion!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW, Mercedes, Ford
Yes the reverse cameras don't work in forward motion, it would be nice to have it work though

"Age is but a statistic that has no relevance to enjoyment of horsepower"
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmickjimmie View Post
Been using it now for a few days. It works so well. And the iOS integration that BMW is great. It plays any video your iPhone can play. I've gotten Netflix, SlingPlayer, TED talks all playing on the screen.
how did you get your iPhone to play on the screen? i have the usb inputs am i missing something else?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostwanted911 View Post
how did you get your iPhone to play on the screen? i have the usb inputs am i missing something else?
Yes how do you get this working?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 PM
John M

Mein Auto: 535i x 2011
iPhone video

You will need to have the iPhone in the cradle. Video will not play from USB.
However, it has been previously noted that there is no control of the video display other than pause. You cannot forward, reverse or zoom. This is a severe restriction.

Has anyone figured out how to override this problem or I am missing something?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 AM

Mein Auto: F10
DVD in Motion

I just bought mine. There is a Christmas promotion for USD149. Hurry if you want to take advantage of this offer.

Lucie responded with quuestions pertaining to me car almost instantly. Amazing.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 AM

Speaker Volume when playing DVD

I am driving 2011 F10.

When playing DVD, the volume has to be bumped up quite abit to match that of the radio or CD. When the DVD is subsequently ejected, the speakers blast due to this difference. Anyone has the same experience or know of a fix?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:53 AM

I just installed DVD in motion and it works like a charm.

Eerything as promised was delivered.

Lucie Vernerova, the Sales Manager is very good and very quick in her replies. I recieved mine in a matter of minutes after making payment.

Here's the link to the Xmas offer - valid till 24 Dec 2011
http://dvdinmotion.com/order-xmas-2011
Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 AM
GO GET IT $

Mein Auto: F10 550I
It works awesome
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmillan View Post
You will need to have the iPhone in the cradle. Video will not play from USB.
However, it has been previously noted that there is no control of the video display other than pause. You cannot forward, reverse or zoom. This is a severe restriction.

Has anyone figured out how to override this problem or I am missing something?
This iPhone Cradle will work playing videos without the bmw Apps?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOne View Post
I am driving 2011 F10.

When playing DVD, the volume has to be bumped up quite abit to match that of the radio or CD. When the DVD is subsequently ejected, the speakers blast due to this difference. Anyone has the same experience or know of a fix?
I have the same deal. She told me that it must have been this way before the 'dvd in motion' install. That is definitely not the case. I have not done anything to fix this yet. Ideas?
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM

i have the same problem. i think its because dvds are recorded in 5.1 surround sound and the dvd player in the car doesn't know how to decode it in stereo. when i put in a dvd that i bought the sound is extremely low but when i put in a music dvd with videos that i downloaded and burned onto a dvd disc it sound just fine this is because the videos where downloaded in stereo.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
i have the same problem. i think its because dvds are recorded in 5.1 surround sound and the dvd player in the car doesn't know how to decode it in stereo. when i put in a dvd that i bought the sound is extremely low but when i put in a music dvd with videos that i downloaded and burned onto a dvd disc it sound just fine this is because the videos where downloaded in stereo.
Good info, I will make sure dvd's are not burned in 5.1.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535 xi w/ M package
just ordered . cant wait to get it.... i have the iphone program in my car by plugging wire in middle console, can i play videos off it? wasnt sure from proir questions.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535 xi w/ M package
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohnf View Post
just ordered . Cant wait to get it.... I have the iphone program in my car by plugging wire in middle console, can i play videos off it? Wasnt sure from proir questions.
whats life without are toys
Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Coupe x
I have ios5 on my Iphone and its not letting me play any recorded videos from my phone, only downloaded movies? also the iphone movies are smaller size then dvds on the screen, is there a way to fix?

last question: Can we do youtube??
Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I think you are right although I have not tried any DVDs recorded in Stereo yet. One thing is for sure, this has nothing to do with DVD in motion as it exists B4 I installed DIM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i GT xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmickjimmie View Post
Any chance you could describe your exact process getting Slingplayer working? It flashes on my screen and then the last audio track starts playing and interrupts the Sling audio causing the app to crash. I do have my settings for High Quality when streaming from the app side as that is a requirement for video out from the iPhone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-b
Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F01
Hey guys,
I as well installed the DVD in motion and it works great as well as the iPhone 4S integration with the cradle. I do have a question and want to see if any of you have been experiencin the same problem.
First off, the iPhone integration is not able to open up any of the Video playlists from the iPod in the phone, it only opens up the Audio playlists, but the Videos are playing from the entire Video list in my iPhone. Once again, Doesn't read the Video playlists, but reads the same Video files from the Entire Video list. Please let me know if there is a way around it as I have over 800 Videos in the phone and it's very inconvenient to browse through them.
Secondly, for some reason the Videos that are being played from the phone, are bordered all around and therefore it doesn't play on full screen. It has black borders on top, bottom, left and right. It dramatically decreases the size obviously and looks not right, But the DVD player is able to play full screen, not the iPhone though. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!!!

AL
Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i
I'm interested in this, but am obviously concerned about the warranty impacts...people are saying to put the Nav DVD back in to revert to the original s/w...are you talking about putting the DVD with the hack back in or an OEM DVD? I have a 2010 535 so there is no Nav DVD, it's on a hard drive.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 ML63 AMG, 2011 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by afscotch View Post
I'm interested in this, but am obviously concerned about the warranty impacts...people are saying to put the Nav DVD back in to revert to the original s/w...are you talking about putting the DVD with the hack back in or an OEM DVD? I have a 2010 535 so there is no Nav DVD, it's on a hard drive.

Thanks for the help.
This has nothing to do with a navigation DVD, nor would it work with any older BMW that uses navigation systems with DVDs anyhow since it requires the latest incarnation of iDrive (CIC).

You order the "software" from a website and they email you an .iso which you then rip to a blank CD. You place the CD into the DVD drive that's in your center console of your car and within less than a minute or so, your car is now "hacked".

If at any time you want to revert this "hack", simply follow the procedure again and it reverses it.

You can "hack" and "revert" as many times as you want.

Randy

2011 BMW 750Li Carbon Blk Metallic, Oyster/Blk Nappa Leather, Ash Grain Trim, (Camera, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Luxury Seats, M Sport w/20" Wheels, Premium Sound, Rear Entertainment Pkgs), Integral Active Steering, Instrument Panel w/ Leather, Ceramic Controls, Head-up Display, Smartphone Integration, Combox

2004 BMW 745Li Titanium Silver, Black Leather

Former: 2008 BMW 750Li, 2001 Audi A6 2.7T, 1998 Ford Expedition, 1993 Lexus ES300
Old 01-18-2012, 05:42 AM

Mein Auto: M6 Vert
Finally did it and I have to say, this is dangerous! I wont use it unless i have kids in the car.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 coupe M-Sport
This is so cool.....

I'm gonna order it today.... don't know if I can still get the promotion price or not lol