Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 Convertible
My First M3 Convertible Ordered

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the posts on bimmerfest about your experiences and suggestions throughout many different threads. I decided a while ago I would going to get my first BMW however I didn't think it was going to be an M3. After reading lots of reviews and posts here and other places and the fact I just like the look of the M3 better I ordered mine last night and received my Production Number this morning Now I guess it's the waiting game.

2012 M3 Convertible
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Silver Novillo Leather
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Damper Control
DCT
19" Wheels
Navigation
BMW Apps
Sat Radio
Enhanced Premium Sound

Thanks Everyone!
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 M3 Vert
Congrats! You will love it!

My '08 M3 Vert is the best car that I have ever had.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM

Mein Auto: SG E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTBimmerBri View Post
I wanted to thank everyone for all of the posts on bimmerfest about your experiences and suggestions throughout many different threads. I decided a while ago I would going to get my first BMW however I didn't think it was going to be an M3. After reading lots of reviews and posts here and other places and the fact I just like the look of the M3 better I ordered mine last night and received my Production Number this morning Now I guess it's the waiting game.

2012 M3 Convertible
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Silver Novillo Leather
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Damper Control
DCT
19" Wheels
Navigation
BMW Apps
Sat Radio
Enhanced Premium Sound

Thanks Everyone!
cold weather package in NC? if all you're after are the heated seats, you can order that as a stand alone option. not sure you'll need/want the headlight washers or ski bag.

also, navigation comes with the premium package in 2012 so hopefully your dealer didn't charge you extra or anything.

congratulations on jumping in, what are you currently driving? i'm sure it will be an upgrade and you'll smile every time you start it like i do
Old 12-01-2011, 03:16 PM

Hey PapaKlix

Yeah I got the cold weather package. It snows sometimes and it does get cold. I like the pass through with the ski bag because it works great when I need to bring something home that's a little long. I currently have a hybrid so this is a huge change but I'm excited and already counting the days down till it starts production in 2 weeks. February cannot come fast enough LOL
Old 12-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: '02 330Ci
Congrats!

Welcome to one of the most painful waits ever. I also put in my order during the last week and have spent the last few days reloading the order tracking page.

I don't remember it being this painful seven years ago when I got my first M3. You'd think my patience would increase with time, but no...
Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Thanks Rourkem.....I've checked a few times but I'm trying not to obsess over it LOL. I'm not doing very well. at least the holiday is coming up and then i have a 2 week vacation in mid jan then hopefully I will be picking it up at the SC performance center the first of feb.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:41 PM

And congrats to you too rourkem
Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: SG E92 M3
Haha - I went from a hybrid too. Mine needed the batteries to get triple digit horsepower, the m3 feels stupid fast in comparison. Good lick keeping your sanity as you wait
Old 12-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Received the date for my Performance Center pick up in February today. It seems so far away. I think I will not be able to sleep before.

Has anyone else does the performance center pick in Spartanburg SC at the factory?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:53 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mein Auto: looks better than yours!
From a hybrid to an M3? Wow. Thats gonna take some getting used to. I did the PCD and it was simply fantastic. Enjoy the delivery and enjoy your new beast.
2008 Smart
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 PM

Thanks poleposition I figured if I'm going to jump i might as well jump in the deep end. LOL I mostly liked the styling of the M3 over the 335is. I just didn't want to be sitting at a stop light see the M3 and regret not buying it.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:26 PM

Just checked an my M3 Convertible is now in route across the atlantic. February is not going to come fast enough..........
Old 12-24-2011, 12:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Congrats on your beautiful ride. I ordered my 2012 m3 convertible on the 14th Nov and i was told production will finish on 4th of January 2012 (3 days later then initially told) , and it will be at dealer by end of January give or take a few days. Am i right to say your order is already through production and is being shipped?.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:58 AM

hey bozzo44

I ordered mine on the 29th of November and it went into production within two weeks after that. Around the 19th or 20th the status on bmwusa said that it's in route to the USA so I think it's crossing the atlantic right now. I'm doing a Performance Delivery in SC that's scheduled for Feb 10th. That added a few weeks to the delivery but everyone I talk to about the PCD it's an awesome experience. According to my CA my dealer used one of their M order pre slots so I'm not sure if that's why it went into production so quick or if that's normal. I know when I first started tracking it on bmwusa.com it was a black one with different options but that all corrected once it went into production.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:59 AM

bozzo44 Congrats as well what color did you order?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Thanks CLTBimmerBri ,my colors are Jerez Black Metallic and Fox Red Novillo Leather . Initialy i was leaning towards space grey and Fox Red Novillo Leather because i think black always hides the lines and the small details , and on such a beautiful car you need to show off these details, but i didn't go with the grey because there are so many greys and silvers out there on standard models .I must say though space grey looks fantastic, I'm still split between the two colors but i guess it's too late to change now, I can not wait to see my order because my dealer did not have my color combo on the lot so i have not seen it in person. In the end it doesn't matter on the colors because the M3 looks stunning. I got my production start day wrong, my order started on 14th of Dec (i'm getting abit excited and abit edge about this waiting), i guess i have fallen into the holiday period so i assume the factory closes for afew days and that is why my production period will be longer than normal ( i was told my order will be done on 4th of January). The only thing now is trying to work out what 19' wheels (my order is with 18') i think looks good with Jerez Black. Enjoy your ride CLTBimmerBri.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 PM

bozzo44 That's an awesome color combination. The wait sucks but at least I have the holiday then I 2 week vaca out of the country then come back and 2.5 weeks after that i get to pick up the new member of the family :-)
Old 12-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 E93 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzo44 View Post
Thanks CLTBimmerBri ,my colors are Jerez Black Metallic and Fox Red Novillo Leather . Initialy i was leaning towards space grey and Fox Red Novillo Leather because i think black always hides the lines and the small details , and on such a beautiful car you need to show off these details, but i didn't go with the grey because there are so many greys and silvers out there on standard models .I must say though space grey looks fantastic, I'm still split between the two colors but i guess it's too late to change now, I can not wait to see my order because my dealer did not have my color combo on the lot so i have not seen it in person. In the end it doesn't matter on the colors because the M3 looks stunning. I got my production start day wrong, my order started on 14th of Dec (i'm getting abit excited and abit edge about this waiting), i guess i have fallen into the holiday period so i assume the factory closes for afew days and that is why my production period will be longer than normal ( i was told my order will be done on 4th of January). The only thing now is trying to work out what 19' wheels (my order is with 18') i think looks good with Jerez Black. Enjoy your ride CLTBimmerBri.
Congrats on your new E93 M3!
You chose the best possible color IMO, mine is also a JB and looks awesome, the only problem with this color is that it is hard to keep it clean
The first mod I recommend you is to vinyl wrap the chrome window trim
Enjoy it!
2013 M3 E93 FB, S/C ESS VT2 650, Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust, Brembo Brakes, HRE RB2 wheels, KW sleeve coil over kit, vorsteiner front lip, OEM rear lip, OSS V4 kit, BMW perfm blk grille, FB side gills, Satin blk windows trim, wind deflector
Old 12-30-2011, 10:09 AM

Thanks for the advice edu90 , does the chrome window trim get damaged that easily ?. Did you tint your windows ?, because i think it will make it look even more of a monster. The last thing i have to decide are 19" wheels , but i realy do not want to go for black wheels.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice edu90 , does the chrome window trim get damaged that easily ?. Did you tint your windows ?, because i think it will make it look even more of a monster. The last thing i have to decide are 19" wheels , but i realy do not want to go for black wheels.
I vinyl wrapped the chrome basically for looks, I think it looks more aggressive blacked out but it is my taste
I have my windows tinted at 35% and have 19" ADV1 wheels, also just installed a KW coil over sleeve kit to drop it , I didn't like the gap specially on the front tires, see attached a couple of pics of a photo-shoot of my car taken by ADV1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADV1-1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	306495   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADV1-5.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	306496  
2013 M3 E93 FB, S/C ESS VT2 650, Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust, Brembo Brakes, HRE RB2 wheels, KW sleeve coil over kit, vorsteiner front lip, OEM rear lip, OSS V4 kit, BMW perfm blk grille, FB side gills, Satin blk windows trim, wind deflector

Last edited by edu09; 12-30-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:33 PM

awesome edu09 , absolutely smoking.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
awesome edu09 , absolutely smoking.
Thanks Bozzo44, soon you will be enjoying your M3 and the mod bug will begin
Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM

I got a message today that my order has been released to a carrier and is waiting for transport to the port of exit. I assume it has a spot on a carrier
and is waiting for the ship to leave for the U.S, i'm i right in this regard.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Hey bozzo44 I'm not sure I've never gotten any emails directly from BMW on it. I've just been able to reach it on the bmwusa.com website. I did email my CA this week and he updated me that my M3 Convert had arrived at port in the US and would be at the PCD soon. Feb 10th will not get here soon enough
Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Piacere di guidare

Mein Auto: 428 Cabrio - ED'ed 8-14
Congratulations on your discerning choice of exterior color. I really agonized mine before settling on Le Mans Blue, partly because it was so difficult to find a car locally in that color to look at. To me, it's one of the best colors BMW has in the current lineup, and apart from needing a little extra attention and more frequent washing than Space Gray, I predict you'll really like it.

My 2014 ED trip report: Born Yesterday - 3rd ED off to a (mostly) flawless start
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=793345

My 2011 ED trip report: Second ED off and running... after a brief interruption
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=545068

My 2008 ED trip report: "Thirteen months, 135 miles and wha....?"
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=288271