Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > The MINI Board

The MINI Board
The Mini Cooper Forum

Old 12-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Blue Tooth on 2011 Models

I got a 2011 Mini a few weeks ago, which did not have Blue Tooth. The dealer recommended a shop that specialized in installing it, but they didn't have exactly the parts needed. I'm told Mini does not have the software up and running yet for the new models. Anybody have the same experience?
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
I just picked up my 2011 JCW with the factory IPOD/Bluetooth option. Works fine. If you're getting an aftermarket application, I don't know why MINI's software would have anything to do with things?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott View Post
I just picked up my 2011 JCW with the factory IPOD/Bluetooth option. Works fine. If you're getting an aftermarket application, I don't know why MINI's software would have anything to do with things?
The aftermarket could not install because they couldn't get the exact part. The dealer said they couldn't install it because the system was not quite up to date. Thank you for responding.

I called the dealer and asked him. He's going to check if it is now available. He asked if you bought the car with the options, or did you order it that way.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 991 Carrera
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
The aftermarket could not install because they couldn't get the exact part. The dealer said they couldn't install it because the system was not quite up to date. Thank you for responding.

I called the dealer and asked him. He's going to check if it is now available. He asked if you bought the car with the options, or did you order it that way.
I ordered my car. The IPOD/Bluetooth option is a standalone $500 option without MINI Connect. This is the 3rd MINI I've had with that.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbscott View Post
I ordered my car. The IPOD/Bluetooth option is a standalone $500 option without MINI Connect. This is the 3rd MINI I've had with that.
AHA! That's the answer. Thank you. I'll wait until Mini gets their act in gear and have them install it.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Blue Tooth

I've had my MINI for a year now and am very disappointed. I've tried every which way to have blue tooth installed, but even in a brand new 2011 vehicle, it didn't come with the necessary wiring, so it's impossible. No, I don't want a Garmin or Parrot. As soon as I can I'm going to get rid of this car. Basically because I was lied to by Ferman. He assured me that it could be done, and only shrugged when I learned that it could not be done.