Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Among the Proud

Mein Auto: X5 3.0si
feeling vibration at speed?

Been an ongoing problem and I wanted to ask again - at 60mph+, depending on how quickly I accelerate, there's a bad seat vibration. Doesn't matter if the sport button is on. Happened before I got spacers too. You can't miss it if you're inside and if you look at the headrest as the vehicle is moving, it's shaking. It's not in the steering wheel so I'm assuming it's in the rear wheels.

I can't imagine this is uncommon with the E70 feeling every little bump in the road. Am I alone here? I've been battling this issue since I changed from my stock 19s to rep 20s nearly 3 years ago. Thing is I've had the rims and wheels changed with new ones more than once, and road-force balanced, regular balanced, spun for symmetry, you name it. Because of this happening only above 60mph, and how quickly I spin it up, is it only a balance issue?

I know I'm not the only one on Toyo Proxes STII nor replica 214s (or any replicas at all). I feel very faint vibration in my dad's minivan on the same roads so I know the roads are a factor, but with the E70, it ampliflies the imperfections. How come nobody else complains of this? I'm nearing the end of my warranty and I want to be absolutely sure there's nothing else mechanically wrong with the vehicle (2 years ago they checked and claimed there wasn't).

-> more pics at Flickr <-
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: X5 xdrive 35d
Toyo Proxes STII

I have a 2011 X5 35d with 20" wheels and I am getting ride of the run flats. I am thinking about getting Toyo Proxes STII. How are they in terms of tread wear, noise, in the rain and the snow? Let me know you opinion. Thanks.