Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E36 M3 (1995-1999)

E36 M3 (1995-1999)

Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328iT M-Spt 6MT
Sheepskin seat cover?

Any recommendations on sheepskin seat covers? My purpose is to make the seat a little softer for a long trip but I'm concerned about limiting headroom when I already feel a little cramped. I think this is a contradiction - softer = more plush = less headroom. Wondering if anyone has had similar experience before I make a purchase? Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 01-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by abonn View Post
Any recommendations on sheepskin seat covers? My purpose is to make the seat a little softer for a long trip but I'm concerned about limiting headroom when I already feel a little cramped. I think this is a contradiction - softer = more plush = less headroom. Wondering if anyone has had similar experience before I make a purchase? Thanks.
Try www.rmsheepskin.com. Very happy with mine.

- J.C. Watts Jr.

Last edited by MMME30W; 01-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 99 328i Conv, 97 318i Sdn
I have bought two very luxurious sets from Hurrs International in Chatsworth, CA for our 99 328i convertible and my wife's 97 318i sedan. We wouldn't want to be without them after having used them for a couple of years. They have held up well.

We are not headroom challenged (read, we are short) so are not qualified to comment on that aspect.

I have owned numerous sheepskin covers for other cars over the years, and these are by far the best quality. They are all sheepskin and do not have fabric backs like cheaper ones, and they are not assembled from multiple pieces sewn together.
My wife is a Kiwi and we go there often. One time we bought a set of covers and brought them back. But after buying these Stateside, we won't be doing that anymore. These are better than the ones we hand carried from New Zealand.

They are cut to fit very nicely and are really nice pelts and very deep and soft.
Warm in winter and cooling in summer.

Even though these cost a bit more, we will be returning to Hurrs when needed.

Thier website is pretty basic, but they also have offerings on eBay.

Http://www.hurrs.com

Robert L. Huber
SF Bay Area

Last edited by MicroAcres; 01-25-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Missing word. Addition of a couple of words to clarify.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328iT M-Spt 6MT
Thanks for recommendations!

I appreciate these inputs - sounds like sheepskin is a good decision and I'll check into the companies you recommended. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
I have a set on my M3 convertible and they are terrific. Cool in the summer and warm in the winter. No sweating back and thighs. Go for it you will not be unhappy with them...