Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 01-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I Need Boost Back

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 318i
Serious problem

Sorry for the long post. And thank you for taking the time to read it.

PROBLEM 1.
Yesterday morning on myway to work i blew a coolant house on my 318i. Its the house on connects to the plastic housing coming off the back of the head right at the fire wall. 'STUPID DESIGN" So i replace the hose fill the system back up started the car with the radiator cap off to burp the system. So about an hour later im still trying to get all the air out. I have put at least 6 gallons of coolant in this damn thing and it keeps taking more. Its not leaking from anywhere or coming out of the exhaust. I did not over heat the car either. My heat went from hot to cold instantly then noticed my gauge started to rise slightly i pulled over and left then car there and had it towed home. So im trying to figure out where all this ****ing coolant is going. Oil is clean floors are dry under the car is dry and its not coming out of the exhaust. WTF

Problem 2.
This started happening after the car was towed home on a flat bed. I left my doors locked car in neutral and emergency break on. I made the town truck driver aware of this. I told him to drag it onto his truck if he could find a safe place to hook it. "Well know tow truck drive that i know personalty" Just to explain that.

So i start the car all my instrument panel light goes off as they should. As soon as i hit the break my ABS and ASC light both come on. I shut the car off and restart it the lights are then back off again until i hit the brake again. Any ideas to what that might be?
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
well how's the coolant level now??

as for the abs/asc lights, i would look at the wheel speed sensors to see if one of them has been damaged.

df
Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I Need Boost Back

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 318i
its full right now. But if i drive it my heat is ice cold and after driving for about 10 minutes the temp gauge goes way up. The heat is still cold. If i have the car at opp temp and carefully take the cap off A LOT of bubbles come out and then it makes this crazy suction noise as if your straw was at the top of your drink. Then all at once after about a minute of that the water instantly sucks to the bottom of the fill tank. So i add more water as soon as this happens. The proses repeats.