Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d SG/Black
Washington DC Auto Show - Impressions

Here are some shots from the Washington DC Auto Show. I have a 335i mineral gray/black luxury line on the boat now. When I heard the new 3 was at the show, I couldn't wait the 2 weeks and had to go see it! Very impressed. Show was crowded so I didn't get a lot of seat time, but enough to find the seats (both sport and regular) much more comfortable than my current 2009 335d. They seem to have a greater range of motion and seem better padded and beefier and not as flat bottomed. The sport seats were excellent! Too bad BMW won't sell them in the luxury line in the US. I sat in the sport, luxury, and modern line. The modern line oyster interior was gorgeous but screams high maintenance. The sculptured wood was darker and flatter and less 3D than I'd imagined which was actually a plus. The oyster and wood is a great combination with the Mojave. I really didn't expect to like the sport interior as much as I did. The red line in the dash and the red stitching and piping was more subtle than expected. Today's the first I'd seen the headlights on and was a little surprised that other than the rings, no LEDs. None in the tail lamps either. Considering my current 335d's front LED turn signals are so bright I worry about blinding oncoming traffic, I won't really miss them, I'm sure others will be disappointed though. Overall I'm very happy and I'm counting the days!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	328i-engine.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	310157   Click image for larger version

Name:	335i-2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	310158   Click image for larger version

Name:	headlight-2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	310159  
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Original *****

Mein Auto: '09 E90 LCI
I have to agree about the LEDs. The E90LCI is the only one that has the LED totally exposed, while the other models either stuck with a bulb or used diffusers. Either way IMHO bulbs at this point are a step backwards.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi Sapphire Black
I also got to enjoy the D.C Auto show. I was actually not expecting to see the new F30 but when I did I just couldn't believe my eyes. Bimmer section was über crowded!!

Well anyways, I've got to say that I really liked the modern-line steering wheel, its so classy! Not a big fan of the wood on the interior doors, but I'm sure there will be different choices. I was also impressed with the Sport-line. Looks beautiful in person! The seats are AMAZING! My only complaint with the Sport -Line was the exposed speakers look...I dunno reminds me of a wrx or something ricer-ish. Luxury model was perfect, but not sporty enough for my taste. However, it was the only 335i there and MAN do those duel exhaust pipes look nice!

Does anybody know if the larger sport rims will be available in the Moden-Line?

Art is science made clear

335xi 08'
Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335xi Sapphire Black
Oh and to add on to my last post

New f30 is real big. It felt as big as the E60 5 series. Dunno if I like that but i bet it's still super light.

Art is science made clear

335xi 08'
Old 01-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
I dont mind how physcailly big it is, as long as it is light(which it is) and has great reflexes handling(which it sounds like it does.)