Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 745i
You do know you have to PEE on those things to get that readng right? It's on your frickin' kitchen counter dude! Do NOT invite me over for celebratory dinner!!!

Pray that baby looks like you wife....... she is GORGEOUS! :-)

LOL. Congrats pal! Blessings to you both.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
Chill man! We're all friends and we share whatever we want with each other!

The OP said it was off topic, so you didn't have to open it if you weren't interested. No need to try to dampen the happiness
I'm quite chilled thanks. Clearly the British 'ironic' sense of humour doesn't translate well!

That said, I thought this was a car forum not a chat room.....just saying!
2005 (2006 model) BMW 750i Sport, Black Sapphire metallic with Black High Gloss shadow line, Privacy Glass, 20" Y-Spoke Alloys, Sunroof, Rear and Side Electric Blinds, Xenons, Black Nasca Perforated Leather, Dark Ash High Gloss Wood Trim, Comfort Seats - front (20-way) and rear (14-way), Heated Seats - front and rear, Ventilated Seats - front and rear, Sport Steering Wheel, Pro Logic 7 Hi Fi System, Sat Nav, TV, 6xCD Changer, Comfort Access, Soft Close Doors, Powered Boot Lid.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: 750I
Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be a great dad
Old 02-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
Congrats! Be sure to enjoy your good night sleep while you still can lol!

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .
Old 02-03-2012, 06:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdux72 View Post
There is a flip side to that equation though and i dont mean to be Debbie Downer. Like a fine ride things start to break down.. i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with skin cancer and it has been the most eye opening thing ever... The thought of not being around for a Daddy Daughter Dance or Schooling my son on the courts sux to think about...... Just sayin...puts things in perspective... Things are gonna be fine though....

This is gmcclintocks moment and a precious gift!
I'm extremely sorry to hear this my friend. I do envy some of my friends that are around my age with children between 5 and 10yrs old. They will get to see and experience alot more at a younger age than myself but I think for me the path I've chosen so far has worked out for the best and hopefully continue to do so. I just got married and it was a love marriage and on my terms. I got all the womanizing out of my system and now ready to commit to one woman. Children will come but first I would like to enjoy having a wife and living it up! My wife pushes once In a while to have kids in a year or so but I wanna delay it. I live eat and play hard. When I have children I wanna be able to provide for them and give them the best they deserve. Financially i am ready mentally I would like to wait a few years.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK 750i Sport View Post
Many congratulations.....but I am struggling to understand the relevance of this to a car forum!!

Perhaps when I next need technical advice on my 750i Sport I will check out Facebook??

All very surreal.
Not all but a few of us on here are very close and we like to share our lives(good or bad) with eachother. I met keif from this board and he is like a brother to me now. Many other i have on my Facebook and also phone numbers. It's a family and I'm proud to call them my friends.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcclintock View Post
First of all thanks, my plan was to have kids when I'm 35 I figured that by then I'll have had all the fun I want to have. I am going to be 34 in a few months and I'm cool with having one now, I know that I am ready financially, and mentally and I am so freaking excited I wish I could expedite the process lol. Anyway I would suggest that you wait until YOU are ready because my wife wanted a child immediately after we got married but I was able to talk her out of it, and with my job it wasn't hard lol......Thanks again bro
Your welcome bro. I turn 32 this year and I think around 35-36 I'd like to have my first(maybe 40 was a bit too much). I have a small new business which requires alot of my time and energy, a wife that I spend alot of time with going out, close friends and family. I barely get time to myself(bathroom is the only time and go on bimmerfest! Lol) I can't even imagine how hectic life will be after a child. Exciting and challenging all at the same time. So I am extremely happy for you! Best wishes, hope your wife goes thru the next 9 months with ease and a healthy delivery!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: 06 750Li
Congrats! god bless man, that's an awesome gift!

2006 BMW M5
SOLD: 2006 750Li Monaco Blue/Black|Sports Package|Convenience Package|Comfort Access|Logic 7|Rear Entertainment|Night Vision|SAT/HD|Cold Weather|Luxury Seats|Rear Power Sunshades|35% Tint|22" Custom Wheels|H&R's|Alpina Trunk Spoiler| ACS Roof Spoiler| MTEC v3|
Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 07 Quattroporte Sport GT
Congrats!!! As a father of a 10 year old and 7 year old, I can tell you there is nothing in the world that comes close to the experience of parenthood.

Enjoy every single moment, take lots of photos, create memories. Before you know it your little one will have an eye on your car(s), graduating from high school and off to college.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: 07 Quattroporte Sport GT
Quote:
There is a flip side to that equation though and i dont mean to be Debbie Downer. Like a fine ride things start to break down.. i was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with skin cancer and it has been the most eye opening thing ever... The thought of not being around for a Daddy Daughter Dance or Schooling my son on the courts sux to think about...... Just sayin...puts things in perspective... Things are gonna be fine though....

This is gmcclintocks moment and a precious gift!
Truly sorry to hear this, my prayers are with you, stay strong.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 750 Li
Congrats its best job in the world!

White halos, reverse camera, tinted taillights, 20% tint all around, 35% tint on windshield, roof spoiler, custom painted 22'' GFG's, eibach springs, bmw ipod hook up, calibers painted white to match the lip on the rims
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Maintainin'

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Daddy View Post
You are right, it is by far the greatest gift ever. Don't focus on whether you have a girl or a boy, just hope for a healthy baby! I remember the night my wife told me she was pregnant with our first. Scared the living $hit out of me, but I was very excited. We both wanted a boy, and life threw us a curve and gave us a girl - again I was terrified. I grew up with a brother and didn't know anything about hair bows or princess dresses. Luckily, my daughter is a bad-a$$ tom-boy, just like her mom, and now I have an awesome little boy too. Two and out for me!

Congratulations!
Yeah man I would be happy with either and honestly a bot would be easier to raise but for some reason I have a feeling that God will give us a girl. Thanks though.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Thanks brudda and i appreciate the kind words! its gonna be fine.. just the curve balls duri!ng the journey... Good to see so many positive messages for you guys.. Lots of love today on the forums...

I did order some Asanti wheels today because of all the goodness going on here i figured it was a good day......ha ha
on the wheels bro...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
Chill man! We're all friends and we share whatever we want with each other!

The OP said it was off topic, so you didn't have to open it if you weren't interested. No need to try to dampen the happiness
+100
You know how it is, there will always be a few of those out there lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfrog View Post
You do know you have to PEE on those things to get that readng right? It's on your frickin' kitchen counter dude! Do NOT invite me over for celebratory dinner!!!

Pray that baby looks like you wife....... she is GORGEOUS! :-)

LOL. Congrats pal! Blessings to you both.
hahaha thanks bro, thats why I'm hoping for a girl because my wife is cute as hell and I know she will be too (if its a girl that is) lol
Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFEL750I View Post
Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be a great dad
Thanks bro, and I sure home I can be an awesome father.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expo BMW View Post
Congrats! Be sure to enjoy your good night sleep while you still can lol!
haha I am kinda of a night owl so I think I will be ok, but I know what you mean. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
I'm extremely sorry to hear this my friend. I do envy some of my friends that are around my age with children between 5 and 10yrs old. They will get to see and experience alot more at a younger age than myself but I think for me the path I've chosen so far has worked out for the best and hopefully continue to do so. I just got married and it was a love marriage and on my terms. I got all the womanizing out of my system and now ready to commit to one woman. Children will come but first I would like to enjoy having a wife and living it up! My wife pushes once In a while to have kids in a year or so but I wanna delay it. I live eat and play hard. When I have children I wanna be able to provide for them and give them the best they deserve. Financially i am ready mentally I would like to wait a few years.
well said bro and congratulations of your recent marraige

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
Your welcome bro. I turn 32 this year and I think around 35-36 I'd like to have my first(maybe 40 was a bit too much). I have a small new business which requires alot of my time and energy, a wife that I spend alot of time with going out, close friends and family. I barely get time to myself(bathroom is the only time and go on bimmerfest! Lol) I can't even imagine how hectic life will be after a child. Exciting and challenging all at the same time. So I am extremely happy for you! Best wishes, hope your wife goes thru the next 9 months with ease and a healthy delivery!
Thanks again my man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robohopar View Post
Congrats! god bless man, that's an awesome gift!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantan View Post
Congrats!!! As a father of a 10 year old and 7 year old, I can tell you there is nothing in the world that comes close to the experience of parenthood.

Enjoy every single moment, take lots of photos, create memories. Before you know it your little one will have an eye on your car(s), graduating from high school and off to college.
Thanks and I was just thinking about documenting everything from this point on, and since I got a really nice camera for Christmas this year I can take all the pictures in the world lol. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiceoo View Post
Congrats its best job in the world!
Thank you..
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 645 CI Neiman Marcus
As the man said. Just pray and ask for HEALTHY. I have 2 boys and 1 girl. All of them grown and I love them equally but there is something to be said for the saying "daddy's little girl".
Congratulations my friend, your starting a most wonderful journey.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 645 CI Neiman Marcus
By the way, I'm 63, and would love to experience it all over again. It was wonderful.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaripete View Post
As the man said. Just pray and ask for HEALTHY. I have 2 boys and 1 girl. All of them grown and I love them equally but there is something to be said for the saying "daddy's little girl".
Congratulations my friend, your starting a most wonderful journey.
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safaripete View Post
By the way, I'm 63, and would love to experience it all over again. It was wonderful.
Really you would, at that age? wow it must be great having kids lol
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
wish you and your wife much happiness
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: '05 E66
Congratulations on the newest blessing! I wish you nothing but the best for you all

www.fquick.com/N62B44_SGM

2005 BMW 745Li E66 Sterling Grey Metallic / 35% Tint (windows) / 20% Tint (tails) / ACS Roof Spoiler / Interior & Exterior LED's / MTEC V3's / 6000K D2S /
DDM Tuning HID 6000K Fogs / BIMMERFEST license plate cover
Old 02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Maintainin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcombo View Post
wish you and your wife much happiness
Thank bro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by N62B44 SGM View Post
Congratulations on the newest blessing! I wish you nothing but the best for you all
Thanks bro..
Old 02-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 750Li
Congrats. That's great.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
Congrats! I'm having the time of my life with my 3 week old son right now! Freakin' tired.