Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan Stage 2 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimefam View Post
Thought I'd bump this for some data, today was the first test and tune at one of my local tracks so I drove the 2 hrs to the track. I barely had fuel left when I got there as the idea was to get some runs in with 93 octane and then with VP's MS109(chose it because I thought it would give me the greatest differential) so I make the first couple of passes which ranged from horrible(1st pass was 13.7@109.18) to best(13.09@109.65) then I was out of fuel to where range to empty literally said ---. I put 3 gallons of race fuel in and make the first pass. Now I had expected to see everything the same while the dme adapted but I ran 13.4@108.18! WTF? So I said it must take time adapt but I ran 9 more passes and the best I could muster was 13.28@108.35 with my best 60' ever of 2.074. I dropped about 1.5mph of trap speed and I have NO idea why. Now that may seem like a little but as a reference my friend who has a 2011 550i just like mine(on 20" also) except he has the dinan stage 2 ran his car and had a top trap speed of 111.5. So he ran just over 1.8mph faster than me with what's supposed to be a 100hp difference. I'm not sure why the difference it could be the oxygenated fuel or it may be nothing but I found it interesting and unexpected none the less.
Very interesting. I wonder if you would have run faster on 19s.
2012 Dinan Stage 2 550i xDrive M Sport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Cinnamon Brown Leather and Light Wood Trim. Major options are M Sport package, cold weather package, sport automatic transmission, active roll stabilization, premium sound, and side and top view cameras.

Dearly departed BMWs: 2009 550i M Sport in Carbon Black Metallic and 2003 540i M Sport in Titanium Silver