Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
European delivery dates

Hi all,

I have been planning to order a new F30 as soon as I got to test drive one, which I did this weekend. I also just found out that I have to be in Munich for work the last week of April. So, I figure I could try to put in an order for a European delivery for pickup at the end of April and save myself some bucks. Ideally, I would like to time my pickup in Munich to coincide with my trip.

How far out does one usually need to book a slot for European Delivery? Have any of you placed an order in the past few days? What pickup dates have you gotten?

Thanks,
Andy
Ads by Google
Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybmw2012 View Post
Hi all,

I have been planning to order a new F30 as soon as I got to test drive one, which I did this weekend. I also just found out that I have to be in Munich for work the last week of April. So, I figure I could try to put in an order for a European delivery for pickup at the end of April and save myself some bucks. Ideally, I would like to time my pickup in Munich to coincide with my trip.

How far out does one usually need to book a slot for European Delivery? Have any of you placed an order in the past few days? What pickup dates have you gotten?

Thanks,
Andy
You should be more than OK if you do it now. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
You should be more than OK if you do it now. Good luck
cheers
vern
So for you guys that have done ED, expanding on the question, if you order 3 months out, can you target a particular week? For example, if I order an xi in July, can I get a date within a 3 week block in October? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CE750Jockey View Post
So for you guys that have done ED, expanding on the question, if you order 3 months out, can you target a particular week? For example, if I order an xi in July, can I get a date within a 3 week block in October? Thanks.
Yes
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
I am in process, I was asked to give 3 dates of choice, I yet have to hear back. So just start the process, request your target date.

Only thing with end of April is that if you can wait 3 more months, you might be able to get a 2013 in July - you should explore that just to be sure.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30owner View Post
I am in process, I was asked to give 3 dates of choice, I yet have to hear back. So just start the process, request your target date.

Only thing with end of April is that if you can wait 3 more months, you might be able to get a 2013 in July - you should explore that just to be sure.
Ok. As a follow-up question, you give 3 dates upon ordering, how and when is the date certain given to you? I've got to put in for a 3-week vacation block prior to ordering the car, and it can't be changed. So, if I do order in July, I'd like to be reasonably sure that I'll get a date within my vacation block. Thanks.

Last edited by CE750Jockey; 02-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Ok. As a follow-up question, you give 3 dates upon ordering, how and when is the date certain given to you? I've got to put in for a 3-week vacation block prior to ordering the car, and it can't be changed. So, if I do order in July, I'd like to be reasonably sure that I'll get a date within my vacation block. Thanks.
You should start working with some one soon, I am working Adrian from BMW of South Atlanta. Get him to start the process pick three dates within vacation block and your first choice should be accepted if that far out. I think you know within 2 - 5 days of initial booking. Send me a direct message if you are interested I will give you his contact and my name you can reference.